Waves Plugins updated to V12!

cclarry

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

So do you know if it's Cakewalk or Waves issue?

Cakewalk support told me they were aware of the problem and were talking to Waves.  I sent them a project that crashed Cakewalk on Sunday night.  Studio One 4.6.2 works fine with my Waves setup, so it seemed very likely that it was a Cakewalk problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of the plugins I got from the for free got a free upgrade to v12.

Still not going to install, though.  Puts files all over my system, and I'm pretty OCD about PC maintenance.

That being said, the OneKnobs are a big upgrade over Cakewalk Style Dials...

Same here. Did the Waves V12 update a week ago and then problems began.
After communicating with Waves the gave me un-install/install instructions. The problem now seems less but it is stil there.
Projects fail to open because of error regarding the plugins. You can roll back to Waves V11 and then everything seems ok. 
But Cakewalk should be compatible so it should work. In my case, after going back to V11 no more problems. Then I re-installed V12 and the errors returned. Strange thing is, sometimes a specific project opens and then next time it doesn't. It's very unreliable.

I also had to send a crash report and project to Cakewalk support. As Shawker says, Cakewalk is investigating. Hope this gets solved soon. 

@Grem No I did not reset and re-scan. The weird thing is that I can launch a project 3 times in a row (literally open/close/open/close...), and then the 4the time it has problems. The Reset VST Settings screen says: "any custom configuration settings will be lost". Not sure what that precisely means?

3 minutes ago, c c said:

The Reset VST Settings screen says: "any custom configuration settings will be lost". Not sure what that precisely means?

I am not sure what that means either. I don't have any custom menus or anything like that. So when I do it I don't see any difference. If you do have custom menus then maybe save them first. I know it doesn't mess with any saved presets I have.

3 hours ago, c c said:

@Grem No I did not reset and re-scan. The weird thing is that I can launch a project 3 times in a row (literally open/close/open/close...), and then the 4the time it has problems. The Reset VST Settings screen says: "any custom configuration settings will be lost". Not sure what that precisely means?

I did a reset and rescan and it didn't help.  It didn't hurt either, all the changes I made to VST categories weren't lost.  

Edited by shawker

Changes made to the plug-in properties dialog.

FMPMoVP.png

This dialog is available in the VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI and in the plug-in manager.

The values are stored in the VST Inventory in the registry.

This part of the registry is cleared and rebuilt by the reset.

This is all the VST Reset does.

It does not affect the categories database, presets or projects; just clears VST Inventory in the registry and re-scans all plug-ins rebuilding the registry entries.

I updated to V12.  Nothing but problems!!  Sent crash dmp to  Cake and Waves.  The problem is that I had one plugin that was version 11 - Studio Rack.  Once I uninstalled ALL V11 plugins and reinstalled V12 ONLY plugins no more crashes.  I was really liking Studio Rack - it's a great way to "multi-band" effects. I guess they will update is pretty soon.  I sure hope so. so I can get back to making some presets for it.

Just did some more testing tonight V12 is a no go - too many lockups and crashes. Had to back to V11. I will set up remote with waves for Monday.

I have not had any problems with Presonus Studio one 5, but I have not used it that much.

Edited by Max Arwood
added info Presonus Studio one 5

I had a Cakewalk crash when freezing an instrument track with Waves Scheps Omni Channel in the instrument FX bin. It's V12, but I  don't know if it's a v12 thing because I never tried doing that before with an earlier version. What I am sure it that it's definitely this plugin. Disabled and freezing OK. Enabled it crashed again, same error.

Edit: Never mind, just tried again with A/B for VST2 vs. VST3 and all is working now.

Edited by abacab

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Edit: Never mind, just tried again with A/B for VST2 vs. VST3 and all is working now.

Have had this happen to me. Report to support, they ask did you try in a new project? Won't do it on a new project, but it still does it in the old project. 

2 hours ago, Grem said:

Have had this happen to me. Report to support, they ask did you try in a new project? Won't do it on a new project, but it still does it in the old project. 

A few days ago when this crashed this was a new project, with a single instance of SampleTank 4 with a solo piano, running dry with no internal effects. Crashed it 3 times, same error...

The only things I had added were Scheps Omni Channel  VST3 as insert to the track FX to pretty it up, and also added a reverb send to a reverb bus to give it some "air".

Was trying to freeze the instrument track with this "mix" to get an audio mixdown track to then play around with some mastering. Cakewalk crashed the first time I did this right near the end of the mixdown.

But cannot repro now... Maybe deleting and reinstating the plugin blew the dust out? I Dunno...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to AppCrashView the error was:

Application Name: Cakewalk.exe

Application Version: 26.9.0.6

Fault Module Name: Cakewalk.exe

Fault Module Version: 26.9.0.6

Exception Code: c0000005

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by abacab