Waves Plugins updated to V12!

cclarry

4 hours ago, Fleer said:

I think I’ll do the Gold + RennMax upgrade but I still am not enamored with WUP. 

The Gold + RennMax upgrade came down to about 50% off ($20 approx.) , both during and after BF. They did a 50% off during BF using a coupon code and day later removed the coupon restriction to offer the 50% off straight. Might want to watch out for that.

The advantage of the latter would be that you can use your reward money to lower it further.

Edit: If I remember the above correctly.

Edited by Kal S

On 10/19/2020 at 8:14 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I guess this is one of the costs to the $29 plugin model.

I said that about Waves a year ago.   They  sell the  $29 dollar plugins and give away the freebies every once in a while to keep us doing WUP.  

They are not doing it  to help us get plugins,  they want the WUP.

• Like 2

I can upgrade from Diamond, Vocal Rider and Bass Rider to Horizon + Restoration + Saphire and NLS for $139.99. That's way less than WUP and I'll gain:

CLA Guitars

CLA-2A Compressor / Limiter

CLA-3A Compressor / Limiter

CLA-76 Compressor / Limiter

DeBreath

Kramer HLS Channel

Kramer Master Tape

Kramer PIE Compressor

L3-16 Multimaximizer

Maserati DRM

PuigChild Compressor

UM225 / UM226

Seems like a good deal to me.

Rocky

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

I can upgrade from Diamond, Vocal Rider and Bass Rider to Horizon + Restoration + Saphire and NLS for $139.99. That's way less than WUP and I'll gain:

CLA Guitars

CLA-2A Compressor / Limiter

... ...

That's a whole lot of new plugins to be WUPed next year :P 

On 10/22/2020 at 1:19 PM, shawker said:

I have V9, V10, V11, V12 installed and Cakewalk crashes when opening a project created before v12 was installed.  I can create a new project, add waves plugins and it will open and play back as expected.  Luckily Studio One 4.6.2 is fine with this setup.  I have open tickets with waves and cakewalk support.  I would hold off updating to V12 until the dust settles.  I didn't WUP.

Shawker,  have you heard back from support regarding this problem?   I also have a mix of  Waves V9, V10, V11.  I certainly don't want to update to V12 if it affects CbB projects created before the V12 update.  Thanks, for letting us know!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom B said:

Shawker,  have you heard back from support regarding this problem?   I also have a mix of  Waves V9, V10, V11.  I certainly don't want to update to V12 if it affects CbB projects created before the V12 update.  Thanks, for letting us know!

No, still waiting for Cakewalk to fix the problem.  With the early release going, I'm sure they are quite busy.  I'll post here when I hear something.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm not Wupping next year. Probably not buying any mores Waves either...

Got everything I need now. 🙄

I've never WUPed my Waves plugins, that's why I now have all versions from 9 to 11. But there is still one or two more plugins that I plan on buying so there will be V12 joining the collection one day not to soon...

Edited by chris.r