Waves Plugins updated to V12!

cclarry

1 hour ago, locrian said:

What's bad about the resizing?

Omni Channel is the only one I own that has expired. I was planning to WUP it for the sole reason of being able to resize it larger, but after reading what you wrote may not bother.

It's no that bad, and it may still be useful for your needs, but it has some glitches. Here is a portion of it at 150%. if you look closely at the boxes around ST/DUO/MS and at the filter types below them in DS2, you should see some of the artifacts of resizing. It is still quite usable, and if you have a high resolution screen it may not be much of a trade off to see things better. I hope this helps you decide. Cheers!

image.png.4bc8c3163eecba6cf902713bd36f122f.png

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I can't even get V12 to show up in any of my DAWS.  I've downloaded and installed them all,
and they show V12 in my Waves Central, but in the DAW they show V11, and no change at 
all?

MIxbus 32C didn't show anything for Waves either. It required me to "pretend" I updated the scan paths. Then asked if I wanted to scan. I replied yes. Closed Mixbus and reopened. All was fine.

So far Studio One Pro, CbB, Reaper, ProTools, Cubase and Digital Performer also now scanned and recognized V12, with nothing more than opening them.

Yet to go/scan on PC DAWs: Reason 11, Samplitude, Acid Pro and MIxcraft.

Then the editors: Wavelab and  Soundforge.

Then I'll complete the Mac installed DAWs.

Edited by Bapu

19 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I can't even get V12 to show up in any of my DAWS.  I've downloaded and installed them all,
and they show V12 in my Waves Central, but in the DAW they show V11, and no change at 
all?

Waves V12 show up for me, but the V10 that I had been using are not showing up in Waves Central.  Perhaps there was a way to update to V12, but also keep all the V10 installed as well for older projects?  I don't remember seeing that as an option, but I do see Waves has now installed all of the aaxplugin versions! Arghh sometimes I say to meself!  

• Like 1

Hmm, just noticed something new in the TaskManager with V12: WavesLocalServer.exe.

It's a background process that uses ~125MB of memory, loads when my DAW starts (Cubase), and stays loaded even after quitting Cubase. I don't like that!

I wonder if it's for telemetry purposes (and if it can be disabled).

Edited by locrian
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hmm, just noticed something new in the TaskManager with V12: WavesLocalServer.exe.

It's a background process that uses ~125MB of memory, loads when my DAW starts (Cubase), and stays loaded even after quitting Cubase. I don't like that!

I wonder if it's for telemetry purposes (and if it can be disabled).

I don't like having extra stuff running in the background either.

If you rename the exe to prevent it from running, it removes the new preset browser from the "load" menu.

I'm not sure what else it affects.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I profoundly dislike WUP. 

I got off the Wavey train a long time ago.  I don't even download free plugins from them. 

I'd rather buy plugins from companies like Fabfilter and Sonible and IK  and Melda that I don't have to worry about the eventual WUP Day of Judgment.  😃  Rightly or wrongly, I believe the bell will toll one day for all my V9 Waves plugins.  So I've accelerated the process by saying goodbye to them now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Reaper and Cubase they show up fine...

S1 4 Pro, Cakewalk, Mixcraft, Mixbus etc...they are a no show...

Craziness

@cclarry  see below

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

MIxbus 32C didn't show anything for Waves either. It required me to "pretend" I updated the scan paths by opening the dialog box for paths and then clicked "Save". Mixbus 32C then asked if I wanted to rescan. I replied yes. Closed Mixbus and reopened. All was fine.