FLAT_WHITE (2021.12)

Colin Nicholls

On 5/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, GreenLight said:

I had my first stint at theming this weekend and I can see why you guys do it... it's addictive! It's easy to forget about the music... 😂

I turn to it when I otherwise get creatively blocked. Toss a junk food movie up on monitor 2 and open Theme Editor and Paint.NET. Even in cases where it is procrastination, at least there is a productive result, and it always makes Cakewalk more fun to use.

I've also found theming to be useful for shining light into the nooks and crannies of Cakewalk that I haven't yet traveled in my usual workflow. If I'm going to bring some theming to Matrix or Step Sequencer, I need to know how they work, what the buttons do. As a result of this, I'm using Step Sequencer more often. Still can't quite get my head around Matrix, but I plan to try some more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Terry Kelley said:

Hi Colin,

Any chance you will update flat white matcha once the December build settles out?

You added some features that CW should adopt.

I've made the change already but I haven't published it yet. So, yes, as soon as the release drops, I'll update all my themes. Just in case there's a last minute ui change (unlikely, but stil...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Colin Nicholls said:

I've made the change already but I haven't published it yet. So, yes, as soon as the release drops, I'll update all my themes. Just in case there's a last minute ui change (unlikely, but stil...)

One thing I noticed is you added the record mode to the record button (COMP/SOS/OVR.) I don't think CW's themes showed this. It's worth a million bucks right there. Maybe I missed one of CW's thousands of switches and flags. I'm only up to page 2,108 of the manual!

• 10 months later...