snap playhead to a selected clip?

sadicus

What is the shortcut to snap playhead to a selected clip (not the start/end of the project.

also if a track is Zoom out to display entire track so all the clips are showing
is there a shortcut  to select a single clip, focus and maximize it?

45 minutes ago, sadicus said:

What is the shortcut to snap playhead to a selected clip (not the start/end of the project.

Shift+G

47 minutes ago, sadicus said:

also if a track is Zoom out to display entire track so all the clips are showing
is there a shortcut  to select a single clip, focus and maximize it?

I am not aware of any one key combination that will do this, however under options you can configure Mouse Wheel Zoom Options. Personally I do not like simultaneous horizontal and vertical zooming but prefer only horizontal.  Therefore I set vertical zoom to 1.000 and horizontal zoom to 1.500.  You can set it to zoom at the Now Time or at the Cursor, but for what you want to do I would suggest Now Time, however you can experiment to see what suits you best.  So with these settings you simply place the Now Time in the middle of the clip you want to zoom, press Alt+Mouse Scroll Wheel to horizontally zoom and then double click on an empty space in the track header for a full vertical zoom.  This will fill the screen with the clip.  Double clicking again in the track header will restore the vertical height to it's previous state.  HTH

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Works Great! took me many-a-click to understand the empty track header, but this works great, thanks!

1) place the Now Time in the middle of the clip you want to zoom, press Alt+Mouse Scroll Wheel to horizontally zoom
2) then SHIFT + double click on an empty space in the track header for a full vertical zoom. 
This will fill the screen with the clip.  Double clicking again in the track header will restore the vertical height to it's previous state.  HTH

Edited by sadicus
updated key command