Just finished my new studio.

garybrun

1 minute ago, Dave (ModBod) Modisette said:

Funny, when I was a young fellow, I put those egg crates up on all the walls of a bedroom in my mobile home thinking they would somehow make the room sound proof.  😝

#metooastoopidmuso

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dave (ModBod) Modisette said:

Funny, when I was a young fellow, I put those egg crates up on all the walls of a bedroom in my mobile home thinking they would somehow make the room sound proof.  😝

Me as well!  Er, wait, are you implying they don't make the room soundproof??? 🤔😮

2 hours ago, Dave (ModBod) Modisette said:

I also once spent a weekend glueing those things to the walls of our practice room, which had been a small milking parlour in a previous life. A false "ceiling" was then made out of an old RAF parachute. TBH I had no idea why we did either, but it looked cool at the time.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Do they act as diffusers though  those egg crates??

I think that was supposed to be the idea as the walls were just bare concrete block before. The other guys were convinced that everything sounded better but in reality most of the time the guitarist drowned everything else out anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, paulo said:

I think that was supposed to be the idea as the walls were just bare concrete block before. The other guys were convinced that everything sounded better but in reality most of the time the guitarist drowned everything else out anyway.

Noisy buggers

3 hours ago, paulo said:

As it should be! icon_smile_approve.gif