When Time was just a Delusion (Release 3)

Wookiee

This track comes with a warning of danger to none Wookiee life forms, I hope those who listen survive

When Time was just a Delusion

Thanks for listening.

This has a different drum kit as it was mentioned the the lit sounded a little thin and I agreed.

Following soem further comment and some from someone who I greatly respect here is release 3

When Time Was Just a Delusion release 3

• Like 1

Somehow I survived the wookie-rays. Really like the vocal treatment. It has just the right touch for that spacey narrator sound.
Loved the guitar strums, bass and synth bit up to 1:16 and kinda wanted that to develop more.
2:20 cool little xylophone (?) pattern.

👍

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kurt soderquist said:

The drums seem a little thin

I agree I am still playing with which kit to use I have tried 3 from  SD 3 basic kits, thin k I might need to consider a different kit from one of the other SD 3 SDX kits , thanks for your ears and time.

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons*??

I did wonder if someone would incorrectly make this assumption, absolutely nothing to do with any mystical beings associated with planet earth.

Thank you for popping by and having a look

16 hours ago, garybrun said:

Look at the wave file picture....  mmm.

Is there an issue here Gary or is your mind working in way my furry one does not follow?

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

I did wonder if someone would incorrectly make this assumption, absolutely nothing to do with any mystical beings associated with planet earth.

Thank you for popping by and having a look

Is there an issue here Gary or is your mind working in way my furry one does not follow?

The wave file is literally like a wave...  no problem at all.

Yup... I am hard to follow sometimes 🙂

Edited by garybrun
  • Haha 1

Release 3  or see OP.

Drum kit changed to  SD 3 New York Avatar as @kurt soderquist noted he thought the drums sounded a little thin and I agreed.

Few other mix changes as the CS-80 was blowing a fuse and I suspect the M1 did not record properly in release 1.

Instrument list

Korg M1
Arturia CS-80 V,  DX 7 V, Wurli V and Jup-8 V
Toontrack's Superior Drummer 3 and EZBass.
Fender Stratocaster Ash body with Seymour Duncan Pups.

All mixed in CbB using Pro Channel Stock plugins on each channel, and Cakewalk FX except for the Drums and Kick which used Boz Digitals +10dB compressor in parallel mode.
The Strat went through NI's Guitar Rig 5 using a personal preset.

The vocals were process with Cakewalk's VX-64 vocal strip and then the Pro Channel.

The Lyrics, which do not make reference to any mythical beings of planet earth.

Back before Anything and Nothing
When time was just a delusion
A question needs to be asked
Did the Creator create The Dark Lord?
Or did the Dark Lord create the Creator?

Did the Dark Lord create the Creator?
So he could destroy the Creators creations
Or Did the Creator create The Dark Lord?
A question needs to be asked
When time was just a delusion
Back before Anything and Nothing

Good stuff, Wook. So relaxing. You'd never know it had been created by an 8-foot tall monster.

I think the new drums sound great. Minor suggestion: the crash cymbals are a bit overpowering and might benefit from a little more variation, e.g. adding another cymbal for variety or using a side-hit ride. OTOH, they might just need to have their velocities backed off. I find that SD3's crash and china cymbals often fit better at lower velocities. 

• Thanks 1

Hey Wookiee . . . it's a great piece you've done here. I like how when it gets going it starts with that pulsating Bass, instead of the usual kit thing.  The poetry sets the tone for what is to follow nicely. For a furry alien you've traveled far from your DJ disco days. Great vibe on the guitar parts, but for me the Bass guitar part stands out, as it changes tempos and feels throughout this piece . . . it's the driving force, well done there.

garybrun made me laugh, Adam and Eve's bellybuttons . . . 

you mentioned a CS-80 . . . I know a guy who still has one of those (and a Polymoog in his closet)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

loved that guitar tone 

Thank you Paul, just Guitar rig 5 pro a preset that I have tweaked a little, glad you enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Like that Wookie - especially 2:10 onwards - am I wrong to want it to be in 9/8? 

Andy

Nearly but not quite Andy starts in 4/4 then slips in to 12/8 drops to 6/8 for bit then back to 12/8 before a final hooray in 4/4.

Thanks for having a listen and commenting you are most kind.

@Douglas Kirby Thank you sir you are most kind.

16 hours ago, bitflipper said:

You'd never know it had been created by an 8-foot tall monster.

@bitflipper Thank you Dave your input is always appreciated, and you are right partly my own stupid furry fault.  In changing the kit I did not change the drum map as a result some of the crashes were mapped to China's and Rides.  I Changed the map to the correct one, checked the velocities as suggested and they were excessive.  Tweaked them, changed  the choice of cymbal's around tweaked the mixer and EQ settings and we now have Release 3. Thnak you again for your ears, time and cooments which are always welcome.

11 hours ago, jwnicholson78 said:

There's a sudden jump in volume at around 1:14

The difference 20 ticks can make to the start of an envelope, this has been corrected now in release 3, thanks you for stopping by having a listen and commenting.

8 hours ago, noynekker said:

you mentioned a CS-80

Lucky man very nice not sure I would be able to move one they are supposed to be very heavy.  Thank you for your ears and time as well.