Hidden tracks not saved in Screensets

Rick Lang

As per title:

Say I have about ... 80-120 tracks in a random project. I hide a few outdated takes in track view until it looks clean. I normally save this as a screenset (1) called "TRACK VIEW", then lock it so it stays this way. Then I press "2" and make the console (mixer) fit the entire screen, making sure all the tracks I don't want to see are hidden, and then assign this to screenset (2) "MIXER VIEW" and lock it. In the past this has worked fine. Now when I go back to 1, and then back to 2, all the hidden tracks are visible again under "MIXER VIEW". I open up the track manager and see that the hidden tracks are in fact unchecked and should be hidden, and when I close Track Manager they disappear. Extremely annoying to do this every time, especially during high track counts with deadlines. This is yet another reason to go full REAPER despite my having used CW for 20 years.

Input?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, Rick Lang said:

As per title:

Say I have about ... 80-120 tracks in a random project. I hide a few outdated takes in track view until it looks clean. I normally save this as a screenset (1) called "TRACK VIEW", then lock it so it stays this way. Then I press "2" and make the console (mixer) fit the entire screen, making sure all the tracks I don't want to see are hidden, and then assign this to screenset (2) "MIXER VIEW" and lock it. In the past this has worked fine. Now when I go back to 1, and then back to 2, all the hidden tracks are visible again under "MIXER VIEW". I open up the track manager and see that the hidden tracks are in fact unchecked and should be hidden, and when I close Track Manager they disappear. Extremely annoying to do this every time, especially during high track counts with deadlines. This is yet another reason to go full REAPER despite my having used CW for 20 years.

Input?

Hi Rick, 

Thanks for asking. I believe this is an issue you should escalate in order for it to be fixed in the next update. 

I still occasionally run into this in SPLAT 2017.01 ... my go-to ...
I'm still tooling around with CbB hoping to get used to it.

I *think* it might be that we have to make the changes when the screenset is unlocked, and then also (sometimes) totally close the console(mixer) view and re-open it, make the changes necessary, then lock the screenset, to have it remember everything correctly.

Can't confirm it in CbB since I'm not in that one a whole lot yet.

Edited by Steve_Karl
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, Steve_Karl said:

I still occasionally run into this in SPLAT 2017.01 ... my go-to ...
I'm still tooling around with CbB hoping to get used to it.

I *think* it might be that we have to make the changes when the screenset is unlocked, and then also (sometimes) totally close the console(mixer) view and re-open it, make the changes necessary, then lock the screenset, to have it remember everything correctly.

Can't confirm it in CbB since I'm not in that one a whole lot yet.

Thanks for input. I believe my second and third sentence was clear on this topic. I always have them unlocked, then make changes, then lock them. Going back to track view where everything is good, and then back to console/mixer view then still has this issue of displaying a previously hidden track – which is also hidden in track manager, meaning I have to open TM, verify it is hidden (i.e. not changing anything) and then close it. The track disappears.:

On 10/18/2020 at 1:26 PM, Rick Lang said:

I hide a few outdated takes in track view until it looks clean. I normally save this as a screenset (1) called "TRACK VIEW", then lock it so it stays this way. Then I press "2" and make the console (mixer) fit the entire screen, making sure all the tracks I don't want to see are hidden, and then assign this to screenset (2) "MIXER VIEW" and lock it.

On 10/30/2020 at 9:19 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

In addition to the screenset advice, make sure your Workspace is set to "None"

It always is. No change. 

Edited by Rick Lang

I think I have solved it. This must definitely be a bug.

I have to open Track Manager in Console view via the "Strips" menu. Opening the very same Track Manager via the regular shortcut "H" shows the 

track as being invisible (when it is not), while opening Track Manager via Console > Menu > Strips displays the same track as being visible.

• Like 1