Cakewalk and BandLab [now] at KVR: Vote for CbB!!

Starship Krupa

I found out when trying to vote for Cakewalk by BandLab as my favorite audio software of 2020 at KVR that KVR doesn't have an entry for for Cakewalk. Instead it lists "SONAR Platinum by BandLab" at a price of $499. It looks like the site was updated after the announcement almost 3 years ago and not since.

In order to update the information and allow CbB users to do things like vote in the polls, I'd like to see the information updated. In order to do it, someone who represents BandLab must claim the account and then enter the correct product information. BandLab might also consider it desirable to enter the other BandLab DAW's as well. It's free advertising and promotion.

Developer application

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 3

I want to bump this because I think it's important. Here's what I can vote for if I want to say CbB is my favorite audio program, same if I wanted to write a review for the KVR database (I put in Break Tweaker instead):

458816252_KVRCake.jpg.918f6470af095386c85c011d6f6626ef.jpg

@Jesse Jost, does BandLab have someone who handles this kind of thing? I've been working on a Wikipedia entry for CbB, but this takes an official representative of the developer.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

22 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Seems like we can't vote.

I guess they have to give the other DAW's a fighting chance.

Maybe we could enlist one of those "it's not really free because you have to register on their website using a valid email address" people who show up here from time to time to make their case with KVR.

6 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

I was able to vote

Ah, I now notice that the thing that @Will_Kaydo quoted says that "freeware and donationware should not be voted for...." It didn't say may not be voted for. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Besides, CbB''s not really freeware. ๐Ÿคช

Seriously, should people not vote for Acon Digital Multiply orย  any of their other beloved loss-leader freebies from companies that use them to market their payware products? I get that KVR need advertising to support what they do, but it reduces the credibility of their poll if it's not open to all products. Ghettoizing freeware just perpetuates the unwarranted stigma against free licensed software.

Edited by Starship Krupa
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Ah, I now notice that the thing that @Will_Kaydo quoted says that "freeware and donationware should not be voted for...." It didn't say may not be voted for. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Besides, CbB''s not really freeware. ๐Ÿคช

ย 

So we can Vote? โ˜บ

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

i was able to vote - you need to use the search field below each topic. then select from the list. if you use "Cakewalk" then Cakewalk by Bandlab comes out first on the list... you do need to sign into KVR to vote...

Sweet stuff!ย 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:20 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I found out when trying to vote for Cakewalk by BandLab as my favorite audio software of 2020 at KVR that KVR doesn't have an entry for for Cakewalk. Instead it lists "SONAR Platinum by BandLab" at a price of $499. It looks like the site was updated after the announcement almost 3 years ago and not since.

In order to update the information and allow CbB users to do things like vote in the polls, I'd like to see the information updated. In order to do it, someone who represents BandLab must claim the account and then enter the correct product information. BandLab might also consider it desirable to enter the other BandLab DAW's as well. It's free advertising and promotion.

Developer application

Nice work! Now that it has been done maybe you could change the title to "Cakewalk and BandLab at KVR - Please vote!"

I just wrote a review๐Ÿง. Curious to see how the KVR listing will develop...ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/22/2020 at 6:32 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

I've reactivated the KVR page and updated some of the information. We'll post regular updates there going forward.

Just a note: the comparison section of the FAQ still says that the Classic Creative Suite is missing from CbB.

I love the new features list on that page!