{SOLVED} Moving all tracks, automation won't move with it ?

noynekker

Hello . . . using Process - Slide function, I select all tracks, and try to insert 2 (blank) measures at the beginning of my project . . . the clips all move, but the automation nodes do not move with them, and there appears to be no way to move / slide just the automation nodes afterwards ? I also tried it using Ripple Edit function, but same result. Am I missing something basic, or can this very simple thing not be done ?

Edited by noynekker

OK . . . I actually finally discovered the solution to it . . . turns out there is a separate function to do this . . . Project - Insert Time/Measures

Even though "Automation" is not included in the checkboxes for this window . . . it does work . . . all Clips slide forward as well as the Automation.

I believe the Slide function is only for moving audio and midi events and markers.  The easiest way  to do what you want is to select all tracks (Ctrl A), set Snap to full measure, engage Ripple Editing to All, and then simply drag the whole project by 2 measures.  Afterwards make sure you disengage Ripple Editing.

An alternative way is to select all tracks, click on Edit at the top, choose Cut Special, make your selections on what to cut (events and automation in this case), place cursor on the measure you want to paste, choose Paste Special and choose what to paste.  Cheers.