Melda Drum Empire for MDrummer or MSoundFactory

cclarry

Damn, I saw this email and thought 60GB?? This is ONE FILE... so for those of you who have a small C drive, be sure you have the free space to put it there or you may need to redirect your download folder elsewhere. In the immortal words of Hook... "Bad form."

MDrummerPacks are not installed via any installer, they are imported into the appropriate plugin libraries. This file is an ".MDrummerPack" file but there is a somewhat simpler route to assign the download folder by running a plugin that can use it ... open that plugin, then from the Menu(upper right)->Download and Install Products. The first field under settings allows you to set the download to folder (good to put it where you backup files to). Leave the rest alone, since they are how you have the program setup already.

If downloaded separately, it is installed similarly. The second item in the Menu list with the plugin open is "Install MDrummer Pack"... choose that, navigate to the file location, then let it import and restart the DAW.

It is still one file 60GB to download, and took 7 minutes to uncompress onto my sample drive. The samples themselves are 57GB on disk; some of the ancillary files are settings, layouts, etc.

Quick Edit: It appears that the vast majority of the drums are acoustic.... Dry, Dry not sticks, Experimental, Metal, and Rock big. No new percussion samples.

Edited by mettelus

15 minutes ago, simon said:

I don't think it does - it's a clear as mud I'm afraid

I did find this:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=553546

So I think the download page is a bit misleading (annoying when you've just downloaded 60gig)

Hmm, weird. The installation page says you can: https://www.meldaproduction.com/MDrummerDrumEmpire2020/installation

Drum Empire 2020 is used by following plugins. Download MeldaProduction universal installer, run it and make sure you select one or more of the plugins that use this pack.

MDrummer

MSoundFactory

MSoundFactoryLE

MSoundFactoryPlayer

Still, too annoying to download 60 gb just to check.

7 hours ago, Greg said:

i never was able to wrap my head around mdrummer.  Maybe I will give it another shot.  Looks like it does a lot, just isnt very intuitive.  

Yes, there is a learning curve with ALL of the Melda things, but they are very deep plugins and instruments.

From over on KVR, Mr. Melda replied to a question:

q: ...is it possible to use FREE packs with MSoundFactoryPlayer...

V: ...instruments can use it, so yes, the MSoundFactoryPlayer CAN access it, but only if you have instruments that do. Right now none of the free ones do, but when 3rd party instruments start showing up, these may.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 9:00 PM, simon said:

well, you CAN install it using msoundfactoryplayer but you can't actually use it - it doesn't show in the instrument list

I have MSoundFactory (full paid version) so thought I could use this but yeah, there’s no actual way to access it except in edit mode as some kind of oscillator source or something. Waste of a 60gb downloaded.

I’m selling my copy if anyone interested (£149 inc transfer fee). I’m done with this MSoundFactory, way too complicated and unintuitive to use! 

• Like 1

I am testing the library and is not working in the free Msoundfactory player but is working perfectly in the beta Mdrumreplacer. It has a wide variaty of great sounding shells and cymbals and the drum replacer is really good. I was thinking of buying one of this things on the upcoming Black Friday deals but maybe this is cheaper and I can't use it for free as long as it is in beta. 

• 6 months later...

Was still puzzled about the latest status after reading this thread (and others). If one doesn’t own MDrummer, is there any reason to download free packs like Drum Empire 2020 into (full) MSoundFactory, as they are on the MSoundFactory page? Am I able to use them in MSoundFactory without (owning) MDrummer?
So I asked Melda and got a positive and crystal clear answer that MDrummer is included in MSoundFactory (full version), so the MDrummer packs are fully playable in MSoundFactory.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Was still puzzled about the latest status after reading this thread (and others). If one doesn’t own MDrummer, is there any reason to download free packs like Drum Empire 2020 into (full) MSoundFactory, as they are on the MSoundFactory page? Am I able to use them in MSoundFactory without (owning) MDrummer?
So I asked Melda and got a positive and crystal clear answer that MDrummer is included in MSoundFactory (full version), so the MDrummer packs are fully playable in MSoundFactory.

My understanding of this is the LE and Free Owners basically have no reason do download it unless a 3rd party developer uses those sounds in the instruments they create.

They are basically not really used in the LE provided instruments.

While they are available, they can't be tapped into in those versions to actually use unless someone uses them as part of an instrument library at the "developer" level.  

Edited by Brian Walton