JRV Remonster FREE

cclarry

Odd, it has its own page on their site, but no description whatsoever, nor is there any such information in the .ZIP, and nothing after the installation except for the .VST3 file.

Not that it takes much guessing to figure out what it's supposed to do and which controls do what.

But given the season and its name including "monster," should I be bracing myself for this seemingly mild-mannered vintage compressor's UI to start dripping blood in the middle of a session or something? Who knows what lurks behind its blue-grey visage?

• Haha 6

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

now in the same day, there is a bump and a APD deal.

It was the APD deal that pointed me to the website.

1 hour ago, boxed said:

It's the from the same guy behind Analog Obsession.  

Is this a new venture for him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mibby said:

It was the APD deal that pointed me to the website.

Is this a new venture for him?

There was a thread on GS about this company. If I remember correctly it's a different company but the DSP is by Tunca. They're based in Turkey.

Kind of like how Fuse Audio also make plugins for other companies like BR and PA.

Edited by boxed
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, jude77 said:

So the guys at Fuse code for Black Rooster?  That's kind of like the Chinese companies that sell the same mics to different re-sellers who re-badge them as their own.

Reimund Dratwa started Fuse after he left PA and BRA. So the newer BRA plugins were written by another dev. Reimund is also behind Neold along with two other gents.

It's pretty common in the industry. A few high profile examples I can think of:

Sean Costello consulted for other companies and coded Audio Damage EOS before starting Valhalla DSP himself. 

Michael Carnes worked for Lexicon before starting Exponential Audio. 

Eric Persing worked for Roland before starting Spectrasonics. Atmosphere was built on an engine by UVI before they wrote their own code for Omnisphere. 

• Like 2