Firewire Adapter Recomendations

Bill Phillips

Question

Any suggestions for a PCIe firewire adapter for my DAW PC?

Also, is anyone using the Syba PEX3009 PCIe? It uses the TI X102213B chip which, I've read, is a good choice DAW applications. 

My DAW PC has an ASUS X99 DELUXE II mb. My goal is to add a firewire adapter so I can, hopefully, get my ancient MOTU 828 mkll going again assuming it's drivers will work with W10 2004. 

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

On 10/17/2020 at 2:28 AM, Bill Phillips said:

Any suggestions for a PCIe firewire adapter for my DAW PC?

Also, is anyone using the Syba PEX3009 PCIe? It uses the TI X102213B chip which, I've read, is a good choice DAW applications. 

My DAW PC has an ASUS X99 DELUXE II mb. My goal is to add a firewire adapter so I can, hopefully, get my ancient MOTU 828 mkll going again assuming it's drivers will work with W10 2004. 

Thanks.

Bill, I bought a standard 3 port Firewire PCI card from PC vendor Chillblast for £20 back in 2013, and it's been transferred to my new systems since then, most recently in January this year (to a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE Motherboard with Intel i7-9700K). The ASIO drivers from MOTU are still available, and support my old MOTU 828 MkII under Windows 10 2004 just fine.

I updated the MOTU Cuemix software recently, and this seems to have introduced a very long delay in Cuemix startup - but it's still working fine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jeynes said:

Bill, I bought a standard 3 port Firewire PCI card from PC vendor Chillblast for £20 back in 2013, and it's been transferred to my new systems since then, most recently in January this year (to a Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE Motherboard with Intel i7-9700K). The ASIO drivers from MOTU are still available, and support my old MOTU 828 MkII under Windows 10 2004 just fine.

I updated the MOTU Cuemix software recently, and this seems to have introduced a very long delay in Cuemix startup - but it's still working fine.

Thanks. That's good news. Do you happen to know which chip your Chillblast uses?