Season Closing In

Hidden Symmetry

There is so much stuff going on I can't believe it!  Amazing!  I like the intro/buildup - each new sound one step to the goal - full sound section.  If that it you on guitar, I'm amazed. Great sound nice playing.  The percussion is super crisp. You got to tell us how you did the percussion tracks.  Nice ending too.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

There is so much stuff going on I can't believe it!  Amazing!  I like the intro/buildup - each new sound one step to the goal - full sound section.  If that it you on guitar, I'm amazed. Great sound nice playing.  The percussion is super crisp. You got to tell us how you did the percussion tracks.  Nice ending too.

Hi Max, drums were done with SD3. There's no real percussion but if you mean those loops they're stock presets  from various vi's eq'd a bit. Thanks for the feedback.

1 hour ago, mark skinner said:

That was Totally Awesome !  and so clean.   It sounded light years beyond a test mix. At some point I think you really need to list the details and processing on this one.. Fantastic job ..   mark

Hi Mark, there's a v2 up which is a bit different,  should be a bit fuller.  This batch of projects I started by demoing  PSP's channel strip so I used those, stock daw plugins & Acustica.   I mastered this with Acustica & Izone. Thanks again for listening & the kind words.

I like the panning percussion at the beginning and then later on, tying things together.
Lots of evolving phrases, the ones at 1:15 and 3:40 surprised me a bit - not sure what I mean by that.
And yeah, the guitar is amazing. Really enjoyed listening to this one.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant!!!  The mix is outstanding but the introduction of each instrument really worked.  How in the world did you get that muted trumpet sound?  The guitar solo --- "amazing" indeed.  I agree with the comments above, a list of details would be appreciated.  The ending  --- cooool,  --- I'll end the kudos here.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2020 at 3:56 PM, kurt soderquist said:

Wow, I just checked out your site and listened to several of your songs, I'm impressed. Jazz and fusion are my favorites. Really good playing and song writing. 

Thanks Kurt, glad you enjoyed the music.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

As ever @Hidden Symmetry your "test" 🤔 tracks always have a mix quality that shows the polish of well recoded and capture base material.

Both mixes work well though the second tracks does sound like it has some more weight to to it.

Well recorded, some excellent composition skills, nice one sir, we worthy of the  :) seal of approval.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Yeah I liked this one a lot great guitar solo , great tone , lots going on but never muddled if get what I mean, well done

Thanks Paul, glad you enjoyed it.

6 hours ago, Wookiee said:

As ever @Hidden Symmetry your "test" 🤔 tracks always have a mix quality that shows the polish of well recoded and capture base material.

Both mixes work well though the second tracks does sound like it has some more weight to to it.

Well recorded, some excellent composition skills, nice one sir, we worthy of the  :) seal of approval.

With the Wookiee seal of approval I'll consider this one finished!  😁  Thanks for the feedback.

• Haha 1