(NOT A DEAL) Melodyne updates

Marshall

So, I got a nagging email from Celemony this morning extolling the virtues of version 5 - I’ve wanted to upgrade from Melodyne Studio V4 since V5 was released, there’s a bunch of stuff I know I’d find useful. 

Anyone know when upgrades are likely to go on sale? BF maybe? 

• Like 1

If history repeats, there will be last-chance offers to us holdouts before the year's out.

My last three Melodyne upgrades happened that way, even though the discounts have gotten progressively stingier over the years ($59 to $79 to $99). I feel a little silly postponing the update over a mere fifty bucks' difference, but version 4 does everything I need and there isn't anything in version 5 that screams must-have-now. The de-esser, I guess. It's supposed to be more transparent, but after ten years of practice I've become fairly proficient at pulling off invisible edits.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I feel a little silly postponing the update over a mere fifty bucks' difference

I think about it this way: $50 is two trips to the Mount Fuji sushi bar.

It's good to see you back here.  I hope you're doing well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Concur with bitflipper on Melodyne, but I don’t feel silly about holding out for a sale at all. It’s not just Melodyne. When you consider the number of companies these days expecting substantial bucks for really minimal changes to their products, it really adds up.

PS: My view may be substantially affected, of course, by the fact that I do love sushi.😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1