Western Digital 1 TB SSD

cclarry

I'm waiting for 2TB prices to drop.  Meanwhile some of my old WD HDDs are starting to die.  My old 1TB Black statrted making noise and the warranty went out in 2012.  Meanwhile I been replacing them with Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache which Newegg has for $54.99. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:38 AM, InstrEd said:

With all the IK Multimedia stuff I brought this last month. I now need a bigger  HD too.

1TB is almost too small these days.  I still don't trust the longevity of a SSD since I've had HDDs last 10 years.  If one were to take inventory of what they use instead of hoarding every sample or affordable Kontakt  library one could probably easily get way with having 3 additional 1TB SSDs.  If you have Komplete how much of that do you really use?  My Live 10 Suite folder is over 100gb.  I could probably ditch over 30gb since their orchestra stuff isn't very good these days,

True. I don't need the best and latest and greatest. I remember I used the Roland TTS-1 for some simple backing tracks for church years ago and everyone thought they were fantastic. 

I used what I had at the time to get the job done.     I find myself playing around with Syntronik now for my own pleasure.