Slate VSX Announced

cclarry

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

Gonna wait until I can hear if any of our members get this one and what they say.

The thread on Gearslutz has a few forum folk from the Beta testing team and they all seem to rate it. Pretty much all of them reckon once the mix translates in multiple rooms in vsx, it seems to translate everywhere. Personally I don't doubt it works as advertised, but for $900 in Australia, what I am waiting to see is do the physical items last. Plus I have to somehow convince myself that nearly a grand on a set of cans is a completely reasonable purchase. 🤑

In a way this seems a little like Sonarworks where they can tune the EQ curve to your specific set of cans to get a "flat" response. Only Slate is calling  it a "studio" for a flat response.

Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, Bapu said:

In a way this seems a little like Sonarworks where they can tune the EQ curve to your specific set of cans to get a "flat" response. Only Slate is calling  it a "studio" for a flat response.

Am I missing something?

I think it's like Abbey Road Studio 3, but with multiple studios, where you can listen to mix translate in the 
different studios through your cans....

I believe the main question here is how good their headphones are.

Retail for Sennheiser HD650 is $500. They are offering for $479.99 theirs plus modelling software... So waiting for honest review for software....

Their concept to provide transparent hardware (to keep consistency of results ) plus modelling software is briliant. And software can be improved without forcing owner to invest again in new product.

• Like 1