Best keyboard for Cakewalk.

Gerry 1943

1 hour ago, Ælleden said:

Hello, can someone confirm me that the Nektar SE49 will work fine with Cakewalk compatibility-wise?

I’ve also got a Nektar Impact LX88+ and it works pretty well with Cakewalk. However, the SE series you are mentioning is Nektar’s entry level keyboard and doesn‘t have as many DAW controls as the LX series, so if I were you I’d consider going for the slightly more expensive LX49+.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm considering a Nektar SE49 as well.  I'm a total beginner with MIDI and Cakewalk and want to keep the price down for now.  I was wondering whether the DAW features in the LX series give you anything that isn't already provided in Cakewalk itself.  Is it just the convenience of having physical controls on the keyboard itself?  What am I missing?

Thx.

2 hours ago, RSinMadrid said:

I'm considering a Nektar SE49 as well.  I'm a total beginner with MIDI and Cakewalk and want to keep the price down for now.  I was wondering whether the DAW features in the LX series give you anything that isn't already provided in Cakewalk itself.  Is it just the convenience of having physical controls on the keyboard itself?  What am I missing?

Thx.

It just give you the physical controls rather then using a mouse. Although you can also assign knobs and slider to control synth parameters, effect parameters etc.

13 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

It just give you the physical controls rather then using a mouse. Although you can also assign knobs and slider to control synth parameters, effect parameters etc.

Thanks reginald.  That's more or less what I thought.  I don't expect to be doing any performing, so I think I can live with the mouse controls for now.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I have a Novation LaunchKey Mini [MK2] 25 key but I am not able to see it as an option in midi devices. I was wondering if anyone else has used this KB successfully with Cakewalk? Maybe it is just a cable issue or driver issues.  I have tried it on 2 different pc's so It must be cable or driver issue or the actual unit is not functioning. I wonder what the normal power on state is.... with mine the drum pads keep randomly lighting up in different colors and just continue to change.

10 minutes ago, Michael McGinn said:

Hello all,

I have a Novation LaunchKey Mini [MK2] 25 key but I am not able to see it as an option in midi devices. I was wondering if anyone else has used this KB successfully with Cakewalk? Maybe it is just a cable issue or driver issues.  I have tried it on 2 different pc's so It must be cable or driver issue or the actual unit is not functioning. I wonder what the normal power on state is.... with mine the drum pads keep randomly lighting up in different colors and just continue to change.

That would be a query for Technical Support at Novation or a reference to the device owners manual. 

• Thanks 1