I just found out what GAS means!

Hillmy

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

When you go to buy a new plugin and find out you already own it...is that a sign you have too many of them, or just an early indication of coming dementia? At least if it's the latter, every day will be like Christmas.

That is when the power of GAS becomes too great it starts affecting other areas of the brain! Dementia are one of the symptoms. 😛

12 minutes ago, antler said:

Here's another GAS test - do you have enough plugins/libraries that you can cover the General MIDI soundset when excluding the 'all-in-one' plugins such as SampleTank?

Yes! 😆

Another thing is craving plugins/libraries/upgrades to satisfy some hunger. Although the hunger is usually for food but GAS mixes the signals. 🤪

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Starise said:

Audible GAS in the grocery store is a bad thing.  Oh my bad. Different subject. 

I remember going through a store with a friend who had some nasty gas.  He let one rip in an aisle (while warning me to "move... NOW!").  We're an aisle over and we hear some lady scream in the prior aisle "OMG!  What the hell died in here???!"  We were crying from laughing! 🤣

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, bitflipper said:

When you go to buy a new plugin and find out you already own it...is that a sign you have too many of them, or just an early indication of coming dementia? At least if it's the latter, every day will be like Christmas.

When I do that I take solice in the fact that I got both copies on sale.

Edited by Bapu

Bapsi has GASP.

The 'P' stands for ....................

(wait for it)

................. keep scrolling .....................................

.................. Plug-ins 😁

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited)

Yeah....So.... The GAS expanded and I now have close to 700 plugins....😅😩

Also the synth count is 64 in Cakewalk and this does not include the Reason Rack (which I have the Suite version of 11 plus some added rack extensions), Analog Lag Pro (also have version4), Sampletank 4 (with some added Syntronic synths), MPC2 (which contains more synths), or Kontakt libraries. 🤣

Edited by Hillmy
To confess more shame