I just found out what GAS means!

Hillmy

Then laughed because of how bad I actually have it! >_<

I have been reading that term used on this forum and I always wondered what it meant.....close to 400 VST's later which include 40-50 synths. I have to admit I have a really really really bad case of GAS! 😂😭🤪😩 

Edited by Hillmy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Okay Ed how many do you have?  :D

waaaaaaay more than a body should have or ever need

5 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I'm curios too now that you mention it 😛

(hint: click on MyStudio in my signature. It's not been updated this year)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Ok, Studio One reports 7 south of 2000 plugins in their scan.

CbB over reports (because it reports mono and stereo versions) just over 3300.  

😲 I don't know whether to feel ok about myself since I have less or worried about my future with GAS if that is where I am heading 😛

Since I saw you had many DAW's. The voice of GAS whispered in my ear "Buy Bitwig". But I must resist! 😆 I should be fine with Cakewalk, Reason 11, Ableton Live Lite, and MPC2.....for now! 😛

Edited by Hillmy

Sadly, back when I first met bapu it was not widely understood just how contagious this affliction can be. Within a few months, though, I began showing symptoms myself.

I told myself "it's not that serious...it's like the flu". Next thing I know, I'm buying extra disk drives to handle the overflow.

You'd think that the lessons born of the inevitable bad decisions would eventually reach critical mass and provide some level of prophylactic inoculation. They don't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

(hint: click on MyStudio in my signature. It's not been updated this year)

I was curious to know which VSTs you had... then my finger got tired scrolling the mouse wheel down.

Edited by antler
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

Sadly, back when I first met bapu it was not widely understood just how contagious this affliction can be. Within a few months, though, I began showing symptoms myself.

I told myself "it's not that serious...it's like the flu". Next thing I know, I'm buying extra disk drives to handle the overflow.

You'd think that the lessons born of the inevitable bad decisions would eventually reach critical mass and provide some level of prophylactic inoculation. They don't.

Doctor:  "Sorry Dave, but it appears that you have tested positive for KOKOL-20.  I'm afraid that it is very contagious and will have a serious economic impact.  Social distancing seems to only make the condition worse and isolation is only effective if it's between you and all of your electronic devices."

Dave:  "Oh no!  Is there a cure Doc?"

Doctor: "Here, take this vaccine."

Hammer-gross-2_2048x-1024x686.jpg

Dave:  "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Doctor:  "Whenever you feel the desire to buy a VST, hit yourself in the head until the feeling passes."

😁

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Then laughed because of how bad I actually have it! >_<

I have been reading that term used on this forum and I always wondered what it meant.....close to 400 VST's later which include 40-50 synths. I have to admit I have a really really really bad case of GAS! 😂😭🤪😩 

But are they 400 unique ones, or is it closer to 200 VST2s and 200 of the equivalent VST3s? Maybe if it's the latter it's not so bad... yet 😁

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, antler said:

But are they 400 unique ones, or is it closer to 200 VST2s and 200 of the equivalent VST3s? Maybe if it's the latter it's not so bad... yet 😁

Unique ones. I make sure there are either VST2 or VST3, not both. 😛

• Great Idea 1

On 10/15/2020 at 6:10 AM, Hillmy said:

.....close to 400 VST's later which include 40-50 synths. I have to admit I have a really really really bad case of GAS! 😂😭🤪😩 

Does this beat Ed’s Count?

no....

Edited by Doc H