Paul Bush

Hallo Chaps , I really am on a roll as they say , since I`ve had the pleasure to be on this bandlab forum Ive writen and recorded a so many songs , heres another ``blue for you ´´  written and recorded in about three weeks , I wasnt sure if this one was a keeper untill I added the short chorus harmonies and it then fell into place ,

• Like 1

Well first off this has a songwriter's signature that I don't remember hearing before. It's super original, which is always good.

Mix wise I liked it best when the vocals were doubled! On the single lead vocals, sometimes I couldn't make out the words, which is not a deal breaker exactly - but you might bring the single vocal up just a smidge, or better yet seek out the snare hit that inevitiably masks certain words in spots, and drop the snare out of the way a bit just for that conflicting moment.

Or just go with what you got 'cause it's pretty good as is, really.

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Hi guys , thankyou all so much for taking the time to reply and comment , this was one of those songs   I wasnt really sure about, its so hard keep everything in perspective when one writes  so getting such a positive response spurs me on no end , I try and write intresting  melodies without them sounding too complicated and over clever , which I´m not cheers

Hi t ,   I´m not very good at layering the instuments so I try to avoid too many instuments playing at once ..if that makes sense? I also wanted a bottleneck guitar  in there but once again too many cooks etc  Ive still got some tricks of the trade to learn  , cheers Pb

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that since you used a drum VST, I'll then say the song could really shine with a live drummer.

The vocals are really good as are the guitars. Bass is foundational, which is all this kind of song requires. But I'd up the bass by at least 1 db.

• Like 1

Hi Bapu, yeah a live drummer would be nice unfortunately its  luxury that I cant afford , so i´m stuck with EZdrums , as far as the Bass goes I struggle with it because i´m no Bass player so when I record the bass I try and hide it rather than embrace it and try and play it properly ..although I did write a song where I played a rather convincing walking bass line  my one and only time that said ``check out the basslines ´´  in any of my offerings..... cheers for the comments