Original Song - "Deadwood"

Marke Burgstahler

Hi, Marke,

Wow, this is an absolutely fantastic song!😀

Well written and arranged, excellent playing on all the instrumental parts, and you wife's vocals were pure dynamite!

I especially love all the guitar parts and fills, and the playing and guitar tones were outstanding.

The modern sounding mix is crystal clear, punchy and totally pro sounding.  The entire production sounds radio-ready to me!👍

Super stuff, Marke, thanks for sharing!

Best wishes,
Bob

On 3/5/2019 at 4:03 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Marke,

Well written and arranged, excellent playing on all the instrumental parts, and you wife's vocals were pure dynamite!

I especially love all the guitar parts and fills, and the playing and guitar tones were outstanding.

The modern sounding mix is crystal clear, punchy and totally pro sounding.  The entire production sounds radio-ready to me!👍

Best wishes,
Bob

What Bob says!

Nice uncluttered arrangement and a well  balanced  mix....very impressed!

On 3/5/2019 at 1:03 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Marke,

Best wishes,
Bob

Hey thanks a lot, Bob! The fills during the main part of the song is my Tele, and the solo is my Strat. All guitars done using POD Farm.

Yes.  Very pro sounding production.  Wife sounds like she has been doing this for quite awhile.  Just the right vocal inflections at the right places.  Well balanced mix.  Everything can be heard and appreciated.  I gotta spin this for my wife.  She's an avid country lover.  You got a winner here.

😃John B.

Edited by Johnbee58

Love that tele. Bass sits perfectly. Vocals are great, but she is a little forward in the mix for me, certainly right on top of the mic. But pretty much, killer vocal!

I love this style of music, and I love this show particularly.  Dialogue Shakespeare would be proud of, in the setting of a boom town. Just a great show!

Your guitar tones are absolutely awesome, but it's your playing as much as it is Pod Farm. Really great work! I'd just make a little note of some guitar editing choppiness in just a couple of spots. I'm sure you know where they are! Any chance those couple of notes could go from truncated to smoothly decaying away? 

This is a killer song. Very well done!

cheers,

-Tom

23 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Love that tele. Bass sits perfectly. Vocals are great, but she is a little forward in the mix for me, certainly right on top of the mic. But pretty much, killer vocal!

I love this style of music, and I love this show particularly.  Dialogue Shakespeare would be proud of, in the setting of a boom town. Just a great show!

Your guitar tones are absolutely awesome, but it's your playing as much as it is Pod Farm. Really great work! I'd just make a little note of some guitar editing choppiness in just a couple of spots. I'm sure you know where they are! Any chance those couple of notes could go from truncated to smoothly decaying away? 

This is a killer song. Very well done!

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom - thank you for the props and suggestions. Yes, I do think her vocal is a bit too forward in the mix, and I know exactly which editing choppiness you speak of! I should have spent a bit more time crossfading or extending the decay vs. cutting off. All good comments - thank you!

On 3/11/2019 at 5:58 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Yes.  Very pro sounding production.  Wife sounds like she has been doing this for quite awhile.  Just the right vocal inflections at the right places.  Well balanced mix.  Everything can be heard and appreciated.  I gotta spin this for my wife.  She's an avid country lover.  You got a winner here.

😃John B.

Thank you very much, John - hope your wife enjoyed it too!

Nothing I can really say about this that has not all ready been said.  That said I will say the furry ears did pick up and twitch saying hey listen you ignorant Wookiee.  They said this is very well done, nicely balance mix with plenty of space. well worth a :)