Eduardo Tarilonte's Dark Era library is great

Amicus717

Just FYI, for anyone looking into getting it. Picked it up last week, and have been messing around with it for a few days, and quite enjoying it. It's perfect for some of the stuff I'm doing right now, with some great percussion and a nice selection of ethnic flute type instruments (which I can't get enough of, frankly). I've also been looking for a good throat singing patch for a while (for some Viking-themed music I'm working on), and this one has a couple of them, and they're perfect.  

Also the usual collection of Tarilonte's soundscapes is pretty good, too. Lots of usable stuff available. 

Worth noting that this library seems to have slightly less melodic type instruments than his other ones, with a bit more emphasis on percussion (skin drums, rattles, shakers, metal and wood small percussion, anvils, etc), rhythm loops and pads, not to mention accessory items like chants, shouts and the above mentioned throat singing. There is some ancient sounding flutes of various types, bowed and plucked string instruments, and a couple of brass instruments. The online trailer really does give a good overview of the kind of stuff this material is geared for, so if that Vikings/The Last Kingdom soundtrack vibe is what you are looking for, Dark Era has got you covered.  

As always YMMV, but I'm quite glad I picked it up.

4 hours ago, craigb said:

Can it do Gregorian Chants too?

(Disclaimer: Serious question - lol!)

It does not -- all the vocal stuff is ethnic and/or shaman-ish sort of chantings and shouts. There is Inuit vocal rhythms, shamanic chants, a bunch of throat singing variations, and some shouts and whispers. I suppose it's possible one of the throat singers was named Gregory. But that's about as close as you'll get.

Edited by Amicus717