Well, I'm back!

It's coming back to me in bits and pieces now Dave. Did you once record a lot of people singing country?  Use Biab....or am I thinking of someone else? 

FWIW, there's probably some great songs in those rather trying life experiences! Not a way anyone would like to get them though. Sorry to hear about those things and hopefully better days ahead. God is good. All the time.

Rain- Who could forget that name ? I wondered how you've been. Are you still in Vegas? I'll bet you could tell a few stories too.

Me? I started playing the violin I guess about 5 years ago. It isn't really playing by pro standards. This has taken a lot of my spare time lately. Played at an Irish session outdoors on Sunday. I seem to be drifting further and further away from my DAW.  I plan to get back to it in earnest later next year, unless I get herded into a detainment facility ( a conspiracy theory that's floating around). Lots of work started I need to finish at home including a new studio in the works. I'm probably selling some of my gear too. Trying to decide if I want to keep the desk I had custom built- about 1K over 10 years ago. It's just BIG and I'm not sure I want anything quite that large again. I have a few unplayed guitars and  keyboards I'm probably parting with in addition to some violins. I'm looking to put a pick up in my bouzouki so I can use it with my looper.

34 minutes ago, Starise said:

It's coming back to me in bits and pieces now Dave. Did you once record a lot of people singing country?  Use Biab....or am I thinking of someone else? 

FWIW, there's probably some great songs in those rather trying life experiences! Not a way anyone would like to get them though. Sorry to hear about those things and hopefully better days ahead. God is good. All the time.

Rain- Who could forget that name ? I wondered how you've been. Are you still in Vegas? I'll bet you could tell a few stories too.

Me? I started playing the violin I guess about 5 years ago. It isn't really playing by pro standards. This has taken a lot of my spare time lately. Played at an Irish session outdoors on Sunday. I seem to be drifting further and further away from my DAW.  I plan to get back to it in earnest later next year, unless I get herded into a detainment facility ( a conspiracy theory that's floating around). Lots of work started I need to finish at home including a new studio in the works. I'm probably selling some of my gear too. Trying to decide if I want to keep the desk I had custom built- about 1K over 10 years ago. It's just BIG and I'm not sure I want anything quite that large again. I have a few unplayed guitars and  keyboards I'm probably parting with in addition to some violins. I'm looking to put a pick up in my bouzouki so I can use it with my looper.

No that wasn't me though I have used BIAB to work out a basic arrangement with someone with a song in their head but didn't play an instrument other than sing.  I've saved the piano track and then added live instruments to it.

Just now, Starise said:

It'll come to me eventually. Name sounds familiar, face looks familiar, just not familiar enough for me to remember. I mean, I wasn't here as much as say, Bapu....come to think of it, who was?

I kind of remember someone like you describe.  They were constantly putting out songs in the songs forum and they were so obviously BIAB it was ridiculous.

Yep. That's the guy. Sorry I mixed you two guys up. 

FWIW I am not very good at long term name recognition. You probably figured that one out.

I like the guys here. It's a great group! We ruffle each other sometimes ( not literally)  Glad you made it back again!

Starise, I believe you are thinking of GuitarHacker (Herb).   He did write some original Country songs and used BIAB to sketch them out as well as played guitar along with them.   I believe he posted songs with various singers, including himself.   He also posted some songs without BIAB backing tracks.    

Good to see you back Dave,  I recall you were a Superior Drummer beta tester and had a lot of useful information about it.   Good to hear you and your wife are cancer-free and feeling good.

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dave (ModBod) Modisette said:

Wow.  😜  I'm starting to open up old projects and I look at the screen and it's like I've never seen the CW UI before.  I can't remember my hotkeys to open and close things up.  I can't find stuff.  I can't remember how to do things.  It's a bit frustrating and overwhelming.  🤥

Dave it is just your old age......  (JK)

By the way I feel the same way Dave about Finale software. I don't use it much anymore but when I do I feel like hey how come I can't remember where such and such is :(

On 10/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, Starise said:

It'll come to me eventually. Name sounds familiar, face looks familiar, just not familiar enough for me to remember. I mean, I wasn't here as much as say, Bapu....come to think of it, who was?

On 10/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, Dave (ModBod) Modisette said:

I kind of remember someone like you describe.  They were constantly putting out songs in the songs forum and they were so obviously BIAB it was ridiculous.

Sounds like you guys are describing Guitar Hacker (Herb Hartley) to me.

Edited by Bapu

On 10/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, InstrEd said:

Dave it is just your old age......  (JK)

By the way I feel the same way Dave about Finale software. I don't use it much anymore but when I do I feel like hey how come I can't remember where such and such is :(

I have to keep the reference manual close by for a couple of weeks when I have to dive back into Finale to do arrangements. How easily things slip as I’ve been getting older. Especially when I step on that banana peel I forgot I accidentally left on the floor........

5 hours ago, Doc H said:

I have to keep the reference manual close by for a couple of weeks when I have to dive back into Finale to do arrangements. How easily things slip as I’ve been getting older. Especially when I step on that banana peel I forgot I accidentally left on the floor........

Bananas on the floor. So you have been at my house  🤪

Sad part is on all of these programs is how much information I can find but I can't seem to retain it like I use to.   Now my wife still thinks I'm okay because she is lost on programs like Desktop Publishing but I hate that I use to remember the vast majority of short-cuts and whip through simpler projects :(