Well, I'm back!

5 hours ago, bayoubill said:

Wow. Great you’re back! It’s been awhile. Dave, I was thinking about you not being around for a while and wondering where you went. Lots has happened. I finally bought a Les Paul. A studio model. Sharon and I are back together and living in Shreveport on Cross Lake.  We call her XX

Am still handsome  For those that don’t already know Dave was my first boss/ supervisor in the USAF Band. Bandleader of the band I was in. I missed ya Dave!

Now that I think about it Dave is solely responsible for making me the the guitar player I Am today. 

LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!

When I met you, you played one handed guitar.  You would look at your right hand and say, "What are you for?" ;)

You had the heaviest gear (mainly because I ordered it) and the worst back.  Ernie Isley was your hero.

• Like 1

Lemmesee;

I was here and then I got some projects and I ended up floating between Studio One 2, Reaper, Sonar Platinum, Pro Tools 11 and Samplitude Pro.  

Then my wife got the cancer and as I was finishing up projects and listening to her cry in the other room because she was scared to death, I started evaluating a few things and deciding what was really important and what was taking up a lot of my time with her (thinking it might not be too long.)

Hooray!  She got an operation and the cancer was gone!  God is good!

Then....

I got the cancer a year after her.  Bummer.   

God is still good and he had already prepared a good surgeon who removed that cancer.  Unfortunately, in the process, she ruined my chances of becoming an underwear model.  ;)  

Then a year later, I was at the verge of going into cardiac arrest and got to take an ambulance ride for another hospital trip where I was fixed by a doctor who placed a Pacemaker device in me.

The next time I found time to turn on the old DAW computer,  it was dead so I said, screw it.

Then we moved from our big house with a nice studio to a teeny. tiny house (in American standards) and I sold most of my nice gear but kept a bit in case I changed my mind about getting back in the studio.  

I found a guy who fixed my computer (dead motherboard and one one harddrive).  A few weeks ago, my wife said I should put together a small space in the corner of one of the spare bed rooms, to be used for my music room.

And so I've started rebuilding and here I am again.

That's the Readers Digest condensed version of what's been going on.

1 hour ago, Dave Modisette said:

That's the Readers Digest condensed version of what's been going on

if it is the Readers Digest version I think you need to put up a Cartoon with the story :D

Glad you and your wife are doing well and hope you stick around.  The Coffee is pretty good 😃

Wow!  It's been a day of work for me.  Got my speakers wired and I finally got sound.  I am still using SPLAT but WOW, it's like totally alien to me now.  It took me 30 minutes to figure out to how to replace a synth on an old track when Superior 2 turned into Superior 3 somehow. 

I managed to fix a hard drive that a local tech told me was trashed.  All it took was checking the drives for errors in the Properties>Tools.  (Probably the same as running scandisk.)  That saved me hours of downloading sample sets for Toontrack products.

11 hours ago, craigb said:

Wow, and now we get a Rain sighting too?  Let's see who else we can get back thanks to Dave!  LOL! 😁

Truth be told, 2020 has been one of the most unmusical year in my life - unless you calculate selling gear as "musical". My creativity went towards writing a book instead and the home studio looks more and more like a study with guitars in it.

That being said, I've been meaning to kick my own rear end and get back into it for the last few weeks, and reading Dave's story provided just enough guilt to make the move. (Oh yeah, and I have a new Telecaster arriving tomorrow - that always help too.)

Edited by Rain
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:44 PM, Rain said:

Truth be told, 2020 has been one of the most unmusical year in my life - unless you calculate selling gear as "musical". My creativity went towards writing a book instead and the home studio looks more and more like a study with guitars in it.

That being said, I've been meaning to kick my own rear end and get back into it for the last few weeks, and reading Dave's story provided just enough guilt to make the move. (Oh yeah, and I have a new Telecaster arriving tomorrow - that always help too.)

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I spent more time on eBay selling stuff than thinking about music.  I sold three Univeral Audio preamps, an Avalon channel, mics, Joe Meek stereo channel and various other small things.

• Sad 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:18 PM, InstrEd said:

Oh and new "Control Surface" and.......................

I have a feel Dave is about to experience some GAS.

I still have 24 channels of Mackie control in the garage.  I was thinking about selling it but now......🤔
😆  What have I done?  I've unleashed the monster again.  😂