Jump to content
jsg

Home & Love

Recommended Posts

A song to celebrate my daughter's marriage...

PLAY

Thanks for listening!

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InstrEd said:

Really sweet piece Jerry.

Thanks for listening InstrEd..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

Beautifully sung , meanders through the song nicely

Glad you enjoyed listening!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jerry . . . this is indeed a great piece you've produced here, there are no wolf tones, I enjoyed it thoroughly ! Thanks for sharing it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, noynekker said:

Hi Jerry . . . this is indeed a great piece you've produced here, there are no wolf tones, I enjoyed it thoroughly ! Thanks for sharing it here.

Glad you enjoyed noynekker...  But, what are "wolf tones"?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, very nice tune for your daughter's wedding.
I was reading the poem without the music and wondering how I would have fit the words in a song. Did you write the melodic part for the singer or did she improvise it?

-Bjorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Yeah, very nice tune for your daughter's wedding.
I was reading the poem without the music and wondering how I would have fit the words in a song. Did you write the melodic part for the singer or did she improvise it?

-Bjorn

Thank you Bjorn.   I wrote the melody, no improv in this piece.   I wrote it in two keys and let the singer choose which key is best for her range and gave her the written score and the vocal part.

Best,

Jerry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Jerry... well done.
To me...  little medieval with a touch of Disney!!
Female vocal was really good...
I think   (just my opinion) with a male vocal added also would really make the song hit the top shelf.

Seriously well done mate... a composition to be proud off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kurt soderquist said:

Very nice, pretty melody and the string arrangement is great.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garybrun said:

HI Jerry... well done.
To me...  little medieval with a touch of Disney!!
Female vocal was really good...
I think   (just my opinion) with a male vocal added also would really make the song hit the top shelf.

Seriously well done mate... a composition to be proud off.

Thanks Gary..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recorded Home & Love with a 2nd singer as I wanted to hear two different interpretations of the piece.   One singer is from Nashville, the other from Vancouver, Canada.  They are both excellent singers.  I can't say I prefer one over the other. 

Jerry

PLAY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I just remixed this song to better balance the voice with the music.  Kira has such a wide dynamic range that I had to use many volume envelope (fader) changes to make sure every word and syllable came through clearly.   I think this new version is an improvement..

Thanks for listening, stay safe.

PLAY

Jerry

www.jerrygerber.com

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Jerry

Very nice and I am sure very special for your Daughter

Great job

Nigel

 

Thanks Nigel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I couldn' choose one singer over the other either! :D   Lovely song.  Would you say this is through-composed?   Reminded me of how Sondheim lets the words take primacy over form at times.   

 

Edited by David Sprouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

Wow, I couldn' choose one singer over the other either! :D   Lovely song.  Would you say this is through-composed?   Reminded me of how Sondheim lets the words take primacy over form at times.   

 

I don't think I would call it through-composed.  The music obediently follows the form of the poem.  Seems more like 3-part song form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...