Invaders from Outer Space

Kevin Walsh

I posted a compilation of tunes on BandLab as an album, "Invaders from Outer Space". Every one of these songs have been put together with a lot of help from the forum members here and at the old Cakewalk site. It's taken six years to write enough songs that didn't make me cringe too badly to justify doing this. I have one more song for it, the title track, but I don't know how long it will take to finish that stupid song, so here's the compilation.

https://www.bandlab.com/kevinwal/albums/b6bf15aa-240e-eb11-96f5-0004ffd2ff50

A great big thanks to you all for all the help over the years.

Nice song Kevin.  Yes I agree - your vocals have a nice pop-rock sound to them. Great song too. I think the lead vocal could use a tiny more lows. I hope someone else will chime in.  Not sure where, and not very much. And just to say - It sounds nice the way it is.  I know what you mean about years!  Some people just pop songs out left and right.  I'm worse than you.  I'm embarrassed to say how long I have been working on several songs! 

On 10/16/2020 at 2:21 PM, ABull said:

Hey Kevin, "Shot in the Back" is terrific --- that groove is infectious and the opening guitar is perfect.  Your vox are outstanding -- I like the rock grit in your voice -- the mix is great -- stellar work mate~~Allan.

Thank you, Allan, it's extremely gratifying to hear you say that. 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, John Maar said:

Now playing in the background. Very good! Rerouted from my PC speakers to my main monitors!

Hope it sounds okay through the monitors, all those tunes are mixed on headphones. I have to get me some decent ones, I don't like the old KRK 5's I have now. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Max Arwood said:

Nice song Kevin.  Yes I agree - your vocals have a nice pop-rock sound to them. Great song too. I think the lead vocal could use a tiny more lows. I hope someone else will chime in.  Not sure where, and not very much. And just to say - It sounds nice the way it is.  I know what you mean about years!  Some people just pop songs out left and right.  I'm worse than you.  I'm embarrassed to say how long I have been working on several songs! 

Thank you, Max, nice to know I'm not the only one who works at a snail's pace!

On 10/17/2020 at 5:37 AM, Paul Bush said:

``shot in the back´´ is a like kick in the ***** for me I´ll have to up my game 1,000 fold  to come anywhere near to that track  , loved it, well done, I`m going back to listen to the rest cheers

Thanks, Paul, I'm grateful for your kind words!

On 10/17/2020 at 10:09 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Toes tappin. Your song has two parts and they are both brilliant. Kudos on the punchy yet controlled drums, any tips?

That was really great. And your vocal was awesome as well, great voice, man!

cheers,

-Tom

Thank you, Tom!

15 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Hope it sounds okay through the monitors, all those tunes are mixed on headphones. I have to get me some decent ones, I don't like the old KRK 5's I have now. Thanks!

I'm quite fond of my M-Audio BX8 monitors. They also have the BX5. Worth a check. As in check out, not write a check! Black Friday's coming!

https://www.m-audio.com/bx5d3 (list: $149/each)

https://www.m-audio.com/bx8d3 (list: $249/each)