Aux/Bus interleave

Will.

I'm going to take another approach on this idea - maybe it'll generate some kind of positive conversation on it. 

Imagine being able to change the stereo image manually to your desired liking from mono to stereo throughout the entire image field on an Aux or Bus track without the use of a "width/widening" plugin.  

The ability to move an effect/file source straight on the track itself (mainly effects) from mono to 10% all the way 100% Stereo or "VICE VERSA" in the stereo field - especially on reverbs that don't have a "stereo" function, such as waves Rverb; H-Reverb and free reverbs like, Cloud Seed and the Leslie Sandford Reverb

The channel tool is awesome, so is the Sonitus phase plugin, but I think this will help a lot of producers with processing issues, as the use of these plugins won't be a need if it gets implemented in the DAW self. 

may use the surround features? i like to use a 2.1 surround setup where the LFE is ignored. this way all tracks and busses going into a surround buss can have their width, depth, etc positioned. for example - i have a mono or stereo track feeding into a stereo buss, the separate busses feed into a surround "instruments". i could simple for from the track to the instruments buss to directly position it or add another buss (if say i have a pairs of acoustic guitars left and right comped which also need positioning in the surround space). tweaking the HF to changes it's apparent vertical position...

image.thumb.png.56d7600c7789fbdec76e37a529b6d844.png

8 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

may use the surround features? i like to use a 2.1 surround setup where the LFE is ignored. this way all tracks and busses going into a surround buss can have their width, depth, etc positioned. for example - i have a mono or stereo track feeding into a stereo buss, the separate busses feed into a surround "instruments". i could simple for from the track to the instruments buss to directly position it or add another buss (if say i have a pairs of acoustic guitars left and right comped which also need positioning in the surround space). tweaking the HF to changes it's apparent vertical position...

image.thumb.png.56d7600c7789fbdec76e37a529b6d844.png

Totally hear you Glen. My concern with this is (as I've said in a previous thread on this,) that it does not project the image the same for all forms of devices when using a surround bus in that sense. I've experiment with it before, gave it to a client and certain elements didn't come through on a device she was listen on. 

That's my issue with using a surround bus, with this idea. Most clients get's their tracks played on radio. Plus, i don't have a surround setup to hear the image in - so i'm a bit cautious and staying away from that buss, after one incident. 😅

ultimately 2.1 - it's really only a stereo field L-R. the center LFE channel is unused in my work and so, translation on other devices will require the same due diligence as any stereo output - masking, phase, etc all need to be checked. there are a number of ambisonic-style plugins which would provide a means of changing spatial relationships but the risks to stereo-only devices is effectively the same... https://www.ambisonic.net/