(not a deal) Stream Joe Satriani's exclusive song using AmpliTube & AXE I/O free

Peter - IK Multimedia

20201008_satriani_song_news@2x.jpg

IK Multimedia is proud to unveil “Joe Satriani’s AmpliTube Shifting Song,” an original song written and recorded by the world-renowned guitarist himself that offers a unique retrospective of the many aspirational tones that span his full career.  Joe Satriani performed all of the guitar and keyboard parts in the song. He recorded all of the guitar parts using the AmpliTube Joe Satriani collection.

Everyone is invited to listen to the song for free, and even try shredding along!  Listen here. Owners of AmpliTube Joe Satriani can also explore the settings used on the song.

Satriani shares his inspiration and gear set up for the new song:

“I had so much fun exploring my legacy tones and techniques on this musical trip down memory lane. It was all done with IK Multimedia’s AmpliTube Joe Satriani Collection software suite!"

I dug deep into my collection’s presets as well as AmpliTube’s enormous selection of sonic options to create a series of musical vignettes, all tied together with a deep groove and a decided nod to a few of my well-known songs.

The signal chain looked like this: My Ibanez JS guitars, 5-string bass, acoustic guitar and mandolin into IK’s AXE I/O interface, then straight to my Pro Tools rig. Then I fired up the AmpliTube JS presets. No amps, no speaker cabinets, no microphones. It’s amazing how easy and flexible this setup is. AmpliTube gives you the tools to take each patch and manipulate it in so many ways, it’s really inspiring.

Available for Mac/PC, iPhone and iPad, and able to work both as a desktop app and plug-in for any DAW, AmpliTube Joe Satriani offers users instant access to play, practice and record using precise models of the guitarist’s amps and pedals that were created with Satriani himself. It reflects the guitarist’s reputation as a tone and gear connoisseur by featuring models of both classic and artist signature pieces, along with some fan favorites. Each model was created to Satriani’s exact specifications, for an authentic user experience.

Learn more about AmpliTube Joe Satriani here.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 3

...and only for you all here, I can see where anybody who might feel a bit suspicious of this kind of thing might be coming from.  But I think it is worth a listen, as I was just giving it an academic listen the first time I was sent this track but it is a really good guitar track regardless of what he used etc etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it is all AmpliTube Joe Satriani and AXE I/O but I just really like this track and think it stands on its own.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bluzdog said:

Sounds great! The video also reminded me that I have a Tom Sholz Rockman laying around somewhere. 😎

Rocky

I wish I still had mine.  I've played through the Rockman head and cabinet too, wayyy back when, but didn't own one.  Sounded really cool too.  My middle school and early high school rig was a Rockman out to two Peavey amps.  Wasn't bad but then I picked up a JCM800 and that was just dreamy.

Grats, @Peter - IK Multimedia.  It is great idea to encourage people.

Usual way of marketing/advertising videos always sounds great from almost any manufacturers but leaves the question how it translates to exact real sound.

But often some experience is required to get good tone and tone depends on few things, signal level including...

In fact showing every single detail how to setup, what exactly is used would be nice way to confirm value of a new product.

Especially for people who want to demo it but can do it in not best way and getting results which can discourage them against buy.

I can remember when I was testing one of PA amp sim after its release I got terrible impression but discovered later on I was driving it too much with signal level.

With lower level of input  actually it sounded very nice at clean tone. Etc...

• Like 1

It does sound great, thanks Peter.

It also reminds me that  AmpliTube Joe Satriani  is one of the few IK libraries that I don't yet own (Sunset Sound Studio Reverb and Mixbox being the others).
Hoping that King Larry will be back to find some good deals on them for BF or Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

19 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

...and only for you all here,

Thanks Peter!!

I just really like this track and think it stands on its own.

Yes it does stand on its own. That is a great trk. Listened to it about 3-4 times before I came back here to post this. And with each listen I noticed something a little different. Sound I didn't here before, how he changed a chord in the second, third progression of the verse. Yep, that's Joe alright. 

Mighty fine damn work he did there. He should do a EP of just him doing stuff like that.

I wish I still had mine.  I've played through the Rockman head and cabinet too, wayyy back when, but didn't own one.  Sounded really cool too.  My middle school and early high school rig was a Rockman out to two Peavey amps.  Wasn't bad but then I picked up a JCM800 and that was just dreamy.

Turns out that I have two. One is an original Rockman that I bought in the 80's and the other is a Rockman Guitar Ace I aquired  sometime along the way. I also found a Sansamp GT2 that I bought a in the early '90s. I haven't used any of this stuff in years. I'm going to test them Friday. I'm cleaning house to save funds for a Mesa Boogie Mark V:35. It looks like the original Rockman and GT2 have value. I'm going to check them out and put them up on Ebay.

Rocky

2 hours ago, bluzdog said:

Turns out that I have two. One is an original Rockman that I bought in the 80's and the other is a Rockman Guitar Ace I aquired  sometime along the way. I also found a Sansamp GT2 that I bought a in the early '90s. I haven't used any of this stuff in years. I'm going to test them Friday. I'm cleaning house to save funds for a Mesa Boogie Mark V:35. It looks like the original Rockman and GT2 have value. I'm going to check them out and put them up on Ebay.

Rocky

Ooooh.  Just bought a great audio computer but dang I need to resist begging you for first right of refusal on that OG Rockman 🙂

5 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Ooooh.  Just bought a great audio computer but dang I need to resist begging you for first right of refusal on that OG Rockman 🙂

Let me check it out and make sure it works. If it does I'm in no hurry, I'll let you know. 

Rocky

18 hours ago, mister_tea said:

AT Satriani has a really versatile mix of amps.

I was always surprised no one really models Rockman stuff, given how many amp sim plugins are out there now. Boss GTs have it but that's hardware

It really does.  I ended up falling in love with the Satch VM, but the 5150 model (RIP King Edward) sneaks up on me and reminds me of how good it is too :)   I've been asking for the Rockman model for years, so I'll take it this way.    At least it gives Joe some satisfaction about how he was right about "budget" gear being fully capable while some engineers turned up their noses at it to him.  He discusses it in this video:

• Thanks 3

That's awesome! I'm sold. He's right about some cool gear that came cheap back in the day. I remember bringing an original Pignose amp to an audition because I didn't want to haul my V4 head and 4x12. I plugged it into the p.a. and was completely blown away. 

Rocky

The best marketing is a good demo of the product - and a DAMN fine demo in this case!   Congrats to the IK team for a great quality product.

...It almost makes me want to sift through all of the IK Amplitude stuff I do own to see how good the few I DO own sound. (Yes, that is a jab at the over burdensome UI, but definitely NOT the quality of the product! 🙂 )

On 10/15/2020 at 12:21 PM, bluzdog said:

That's awesome! I'm sold. He's right about some cool gear that came cheap back in the day. I remember bringing an original Pignose amp to an audition because I didn't want to haul my V4 head and 4x12. I plugged it into the p.a. and was completely blown away. 

Rocky

Ah yes, I have a Pignose and love it.  I use that or that little Kustom mini stack that was on sale a while ago in the main sitting area of the house.

On 10/15/2020 at 12:52 PM, mibby said:

The best marketing is a good demo of the product - and a DAMN fine demo in this case!   Congrats to the IK team for a great quality product.

...It almost makes me want to sift through all of the IK Amplitude stuff I do own to see how good the few I DO own sound. (Yes, that is a jab at the over burdensome UI, but definitely NOT the quality of the product! 🙂 )

Fair enough :) And thank you for the kind words, it's a heck of a demo for sure and these models are really great sounding.  I like using these Satch models with the Dimebag gate set at 1K.

• Like 1