Mr Quarantine - new Forum Monkeys song

daryl1968

On 10/13/2020 at 7:31 PM, emeraldsoul said:

I like those bass slides very much, and the Beatles come to mind with a certain Silver Hammer quality.

I was still humming it an hour after I heard it. What does that tell you???

well done gents!

-Tom

Thanks emo. It was great to  do a new FM choon. Our last one was more than a COVID-19 ago.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 5:37 AM, Sabby Brown said:

Another laugh thanks ... Wonder what this we sound like back in the day if John / Paul did it ..cause apart from the fade out that's a ringer ... We been locked for what seems a lifetime as the wife was in hospital for 6 months last year with AML and now it starts all over again (Not the AML thank God ... the lock-down)  ... and just because your a F/G songwriter I thought you might like to know when she came into the studio, we both had one of them pensive laughs you have one someone has nailed it !

Thanks Daryl

S

@Sabby Brown Thanks for the listen. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hello Daryl and collab mates ,

The lyrics to Mr Quarantine are very clever , witty and somewhat hilarious .. You guys had me at Forester Farms Chicken 😁

Your song also has many of the trademarks of a Daryl  Production  .

Super clear mix , punchy highly defined  bottom end  and  an overall vibe of fun and musical playfulness ..

Great stuff you smelly tree climbing banana eating    Forum Monkeys    !dude.gif

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2020 at 5:37 AM, Sabby Brown said:

Another laugh thanks ... Wonder what this we sound like back in the day if John / Paul did it ..cause apart from the fade out that's a ringer ... We been locked for what seems a lifetime as the wife was in hospital for 6 months last year with AML and now it starts all over again (Not the AML thank God ... the lock-down)  ... and just because your a F/G songwriter I thought you might like to know when she came into the studio, we both had one of them pensive laughs you have one someone has nailed it !

Thanks Daryl

S

Thanks @Sabby Brown and as one of the co-writers of the song I appreciate that we were able to put a smile on your faces

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, Bajan Blue said:

cool job guys - love the lyrics - had a good laugh at this.

Not only are we still in some kind of lock down here in Cape Town, international travel to all the Countries I need to fly to,  to get back  home to Barbados,  are still banned!! So I really empathise with this!

Nigel

Thanks Nigel - glad you enjoyed it mate

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2020 at 4:41 AM, bjornpdx said:

Beatle-esque
Absolutely love the "I'm Mr Quarantine..."  ditty. It's been stuck in my head all day.
Daryl's vocal could maybe come up just a bit if I had to comment on anything.
Well done, gents.

Thanks Bjorn - glad you enjoyed it mate

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:04 PM, InstrEd said:

"I'm Mr Quarantine I've worn out this week's magazine"

Of course you worn out the magazine!  What else do you have to do.......

Nice song.  But this can't be true,  an Ed that actually can hold a tune :D   Yes I'm digging at myself

Thanks Ed.

Melodyne is my second best friend. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:20 AM, Bajan Blue said:

cool job guys - love the lyrics - had a good laugh at this.

Not only are we still in some kind of lock down here in Cape Town, international travel to all the Countries I need to fly to,  to get back  home to Barbados,  are still banned!! So I really empathise with this!

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. Yes, it's been a bummer but we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. 

Wait, maybe we shouldn't be going towards the light.....

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2020 at 8:41 PM, bjornpdx said:

Beatle-esque
Absolutely love the "I'm Mr Quarantine..."  ditty. It's been stuck in my head all day.
Daryl's vocal could maybe come up just a bit if I had to comment on anything.
Well done, gents.

Thanks bjornpdx for the kind words and the listen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 10:25 AM, Jim Fogle said:

I enjoyed listening to this.  The lyrics are a little repetitive but that reflects today's reality, doesn't it, every day is the same.  Would the Forum Monkeys have the inspiration or the time to write and record this song if there was no quarantine?  Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

Thanks Jim.

In answer to your question, we're just monkeys who see, and monkeys who doo.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

This is a thinking person's rock!  To make this topical and funny is no small feat.  I just keep coming up with these morose tunes that I can't even relate to.  Well done FM!

Thanks for stopping by Lynn.