Mr Quarantine - new Forum Monkeys song

daryl1968

cool job guys - love the lyrics - had a good laugh at this.

Not only are we still in some kind of lock down here in Cape Town, international travel to all the Countries I need to fly to,  to get back  home to Barbados,  are still banned!! So I really empathise with this!

Nigel

• Thanks 3

On 10/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, freddy j said:

I love this "little ditty"!!!  I think that a lot of us can definitely relate.  Lyrics, performance, instrumentation, mix, etc. all well done.  Great job y'all!!!!

Thanks Freddy!

On 10/13/2020 at 8:00 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Excellent lyrics and a cool song - you should post this on YouTube - maybe it will catch on there and get a bunch of listens. A fitting song for the times.

The mix sounds quite good to me.

Thanks Douglas!

On 10/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, craigb said:

Monkeys-Singing_Monkeys.jpg

(Not hard to tell which one's Daryl, is it? 😜 )

Monkeys-ThumbsUp.jpg

I like monkeys

On 10/14/2020 at 3:31 AM, emeraldsoul said:

I like those bass slides very much, and the Beatles come to mind with a certain Silver Hammer quality.

I was still humming it an hour after I heard it. What does that tell you???

well done gents!

-Tom

Thanks Tom!

I enjoyed listening to this.  The lyrics are a little repetitive but that reflects today's reality, doesn't it, every day is the same.  Would the Forum Monkeys have the inspiration or the time to write and record this song if there was no quarantine?  Thank you for putting a smile on my face.

• Thanks 2

On 10/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, Sabby Brown said:

Another laugh thanks ... Wonder what this we sound like back in the day if John / Paul did it ..cause apart from the fade out that's a ringer ... We been locked for what seems a lifetime as the wife was in hospital for 6 months last year with AML and now it starts all over again (Not the AML thank God ... the lock-down)  ... and just because your a F/G songwriter I thought you might like to know when she came into the studio, we both had one of them pensive laughs you have one someone has nailed it !

Thanks Daryl

S

Brilliant Sabby. I'm very glad that your other half and yourself enjoyed the listen. Thanks

On 10/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Good tune, the mix sounded really nice here.

thank you kind sir!

On 10/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, Wookiee said:

It is one of his better vocals Daryl, I am cautious about commenting on anyone's vocals as mine are so lethal to none Wookiee life forms.

I am also aware that Ed is not adverse to some light leg pulling so I reciprocate occasionally.   

If he as taken offence then it was not my intent, but I would ask him to return the fence when he has finished with it.  His Bass playing, was as usual, up to his excellent standards. 

no offence taken (ever) from you my friend

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/13/2020 at 11:41 AM, freddy j said:

I love this "little ditty"!!!  I think that a lot of us can definitely relate.  Lyrics, performance, instrumentation, mix, etc. all well done.  Great job y'all!!!!

Thanks for the listen and kind comments Freddy

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

Excellent lyrics and a cool song - you should post this on YouTube - maybe it will catch on there and get a bunch of listens. A fitting song for the times.

The mix sounds quite good to me.

Thanks @Douglas Kirby for the kind words and the listen.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:04 PM, InstrEd said:

"I'm Mr Quarantine I've worn out this week's magazine"

Of course you worn out the magazine!  What else do you have to do.......

Nice song.  But this can't be true,  an Ed that actually can hold a tune :D   Yes I'm digging at myself

:)

thanks Ed. 

On 10/17/2020 at 5:17 AM, craigb said:

I'm STILL waiting for Daryl to cover some Madness songs! 🙂

Love a bit of Madness mate