Waves FREE Virtual Instrument with any Purchase

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Or get Codex ...

I watched the video on that one, and I'm not convinced yet. Also, it's the oldest of the 3 Waves synths. Already have several synths that do wavetables, so I'm waiting for the full wavetable  editor to be included in the upcoming SynthMaster 3.0 later this year.

39 minutes ago, abacab said:

Waves Element 2.0 Virtual Analog + Waves Flow Motion FM Synth  looks like a nice synth combo for $25.88   :D

I have Element and never used it. Some say it's a resource hog.   As for Flow Motion, I have Sytrus and FM8.  More soft synths have FM such as Spire and Synthmaster. "Learn the synth" list seems to never stop growing when DAWs are throwing in synths. Now we have Waves throwing their hat in the arena. BTW that dude with Flow looks like he has a cool man cave.  It looks like Star Trek meets DAW.

Edited by kitekrazy

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm passing on this.  I don't need any of these or want them. I thought about the piano but the negative on that is the loading times.

Thanks, you  helped me snap out of it. The only Waves VIs I don't have are the synths and I don't have any use for them. 

Not that I needed yet another synth, but I couldn't resist the deal and snatched... TWO synths! :D  I demoed CODEX and really liked it's preset tones. Sounded awesome to me. Had no time to try the Flow Synth, but at this price it was a no-brainer.  Will have explore it later.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! Just discovered that the Komplete Kontrol app included with the free Komplete Start bundle will work with the Waves synths! If you select a single instrument such as Flow Motion in the library panel, then you will have access to the KK preset tags for sound types and/or character. No more tiny pull-down menus!!!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/

Anybody else who bought the Flow Motion, but is disappointed with the lack of a decent preset browser in the new synth?

I don't know what is up with Waves, but they are stuck in the 90's with their synth UIs. Still using the old nested pull down menu system! Sheesh!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, abacab said:

I don't know what is up with Waves, but they are stuck in the 90's with their synth UIs. Still using the old nested pull down menu system! Sheesh!!!

I think their newer plugin UIs are pretty good I think.  The Flow Motion UI is controversial, but I think its great.  I agree wholeheartedly however, on their preset browsers - they stink across their whole line of plugins (at least the ones I have).

The biggest benefit to me of Komplete Kontrol is a one stop VST Host for those VSTis that don't have a standalone version.  I can bring up any synth I have and add any effect I want to it.  Quicker to me than bringing up Cubase, making a blank project, adding a track, etc.

2 hours ago, husker said:

I think their newer plugin UIs are pretty good I think.  The Flow Motion UI is controversial, but I think its great.  I agree wholeheartedly however, on their preset browsers - they stink across their whole line of plugins (at least the ones I have).

The biggest benefit to me of Komplete Kontrol is a one stop VST Host for those VSTis that don't have a standalone version.  I can bring up any synth I have and add any effect I want to it.  Quicker to me than bringing up Cubase, making a blank project, adding a track, etc.

The Flow Motion UI is good, but unfortunately not resizable. To their credit, they made the graphics use the space available so that the elements are not too tiny on a HD display.

My only real gripe with Waves is the tiny preset browser. I already had the Scheps Omni Channel and the H-Series plugins, and always groaned at the Waves preset browser any time I loaded one of those onto a track.

But I was totally shocked to see a new synth released in 2018 that uses the same plugin UI format for the browser!

I was gong to set Flow up in Akai VIP to leverage that browser, but for some reason VIP cannot see the Waves synths? Probably something to do with that weird WaveShell design for the Waves plugins.

So I just happened to be messing around with Komplete Kontrol and I noticed it had scooped up Waves Element and Flow Motion in the most recent scan. Cool! All set now!

I agree that it is convenient to be able to load a synth + FX chain in KK without launching a DAW! Nice! :D

Edit: In addition to Waves, I also noticed that AAS, Arturia, and UJAM are NKS compatible with KK.

Edited by abacab