New Cakewalk?

Studio Brasil Producer

Question

hello everyone, a question when a new update for CAKEWALK 26 to 27 will be released, or is it not in the plans? I've been using SONAR since 4. I like its interface a lot, but some DAW in the market like cubase, Studio one has shown enthusiasts. I say no in terms of quality requirements, the cakewalk already has it. but in interface, more interesting speaker models, more colorful tracks, A Lighter, more intuitive style

3 answers to this question

Cakewalk By Bandlab has been updated regularly since it was released as a free download. There is no set update schedule but past history shows that every 2 or 3 months there has been an update. The last one was at the beginning of September. I would look out for  another sometime next month, but I'm just guessing.

The last version was 2020.09, and although the .EXE file has a version stamp of 26.9.0.6, this does not mean that a release with an EXE version of 27.x is any more significant. Numbers like 26 and 27 have very little meaning although they correspond roughly to annual rollovers.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:58 AM, Studio Brasil Producer said:

hello everyone, a question when a new update for CAKEWALK 26 to 27 will be released, or is it not in the plans? I've been using SONAR since 4. I like its interface a lot, but some DAW in the market like cubase, Studio one has shown enthusiasts. I say no in terms of quality requirements, the cakewalk already has it. but in interface, more interesting speaker models, more colorful tracks, A Lighter, more intuitive style

Since SONAR Platinum, SONAR/Cakewalk by BandLab hasn't really hung its hat on the version number releases. As mentioned, we push updates on a regular basis gradually making changes to the app rather than having a big release with a patch or two per year. Cakewalk is still in active development, so there's always more in the pipeline. Nowadays the application version number simply changes with the year, so starting in 2021 it'll hit 27.xx.x.xxx. 

• Like 1