XLN updates

simon

Thanks Simon. I started up the XLN installer and it needed to be updated. Then it tells me the I have 3 updates and 2 installs? What have I got to install?

Looked around and found out it was AK it was wanting to install. I siad to myself... this won't install anything I don't onw, so what's the deal?

Then I remembered XLN had a sale recently. I was at work when I found out about it and so I got it then but didn't install it. Then I forgot all about it. 

IGTMSW

• Like 2

The last AD2 update or worth I believe was their Mallets adpak which was 3 years ago this month. I've talked with them a few times and they've said they are still working on AD but so far they are quiet. Whatever it is they are working on better be epic enough to compete with and overtake Superior Drummer if they want to survive in that battle.

I know people love AD but it looks very very (very) old.    I can't see that they can really compete with toontrack.

incidentally the new BFD(3) team have gone very quiet as well.  I put in some support tickets to their new support email address a while ago.  Zero response, it's not particularly encouraging.  The recent fxpansions sales seem a bit like a fire sale.

Lucky SD3 is so good but would love to have some other people competing in that space.  

I don’t think XLN Audio is trying to compete with Toontrack any longer. Their latest product, XO, is something completely different and probably indicates the direction in which they’re heading: to create truly unique products. And, honestly, unless you’re a virtual drum kit hoarder, how many kits do you actually need?  I’ve got 19 out of 21 ADPaks. If XLN Audio were to release another ADPak, would I actually buy it? IDK.

In short: if there were money to be made from creating additional ADPaks, I’m sure they would have done so a long time ago. Multiple times. Otherwise, no. They’re not stupid.

5 hours ago, Canopus said:

I don’t think XLN Audio is trying to compete with Toontrack any longer. Their latest product, XO, is something completely different and probably indicates the direction in which they’re heading: to create truly unique products. And, honestly, unless you’re a virtual drum kit hoarder, how many kits do you actually need?  I’ve got 19 out of 21 ADPaks. If XLN Audio were to release another ADPak, would I actually buy it? IDK.

In short: if there were money to be made from creating additional ADPaks, I’m sure they would have done so a long time ago. Multiple times. Otherwise, no. They’re not stupid.

That, and they probably don't need the money...

The company is co-owned by Max Martin, one of the most successful music producers and song writers in history.

Max Martin production discography

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin_production_discography

6 hours ago, husker said:

For those of you who have been around for awhile - when was the last substantive update to either AK or AD2?

Maybe not substantive but they've constantly been tweaken'; they just don't make a fuss about it.  This is like the 2nd AD2 update within the last month or 2.
Can't think of the last time I really had an issue with AD2.  As much as I like new & shiny I'll always go for reliable & stable in a crunch. 

• Like 2