Compulsion

Kevin Walsh

This is stellar; it just shimmers. Everything is so clear, it sounds like you're sitting on my shoulder. Love it.

I especially like how it started; it sounds like some recording of a dude in his bedroom, with guitar sounds, raspy voice, rustles, etc. Then, when the full mix kicks in it's a delight.

Only crit I'd have is that the 12-string needs tuning and there are places where I can't tell if it's a subtle ride cymbal or 'tape hiss.' But sometimes that's charming.

This is great stuff.

17 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That's a cool song and I really liked your lead vocal - first time I've heard it.  I enjoyed the listen very much - nicely done.

Clever ending as well - good job there.

It looks like you've remixed it - I think the mix sounds fine to me.

Thank you, Douglas, I really appreciate your feedback.

16 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

This is stellar; it just shimmers. Everything is so clear, it sounds like you're sitting on my shoulder. Love it.

I especially like how it started; it sounds like some recording of a dude in his bedroom, with guitar sounds, raspy voice, rustles, etc. Then, when the full mix kicks in it's a delight.

Only crit I'd have is that the 12-string needs tuning and there are places where I can't tell if it's a subtle ride cymbal or 'tape hiss.' But sometimes that's charming.

This is great stuff.

lol, your description of the beginning is exactly right. My office/studio is a spare bedroom and I clicked on the mic and noodled about.  Man,  you have good ears, Barry.

It does sound like there is a wandering cymbal in there. I have a very difficult time with high frequencies and I wouldn't have noticed it without you mentioning it. I'm embarrassed that I couldn't tell that the guitar is out of tune, doh! It's not actually a 12 string, it's a Martin D16X that I went back and doubled in places with my trusty Strat into S-Gear with a very clean setting.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1