Studio Instruments - 'Complete Registration' Dialog if not runAs admin

wulfg

Hi,

I used Cakewalk since Sonar X1 including StudioInstruments. 
I upgraded to X2, X3, Platinum (officially paid, Command Center still working, account still accessible) and use Cakewalk by Bandlab now.

If I start Cakewalk as admin, I can use StudioInstruments as expected (no registration dialog shown).

But if I start Cakewalk as normal user and add a Studio Instrument I get the 'Complete Registration' dialog and can't use the Studio Instrument.
The registration field is grayed out and contains "Not logged in as administrator".
If I run as admin, everything works and no registration dialog is shown.

I already uninstalled Studio Instruments via Windows control panel and re-installed Studio Instruments via Bandlab Assistant.

BTW: X2, X3 and Platinum are still installed since I don't want to loose any old plugin.  

In Control Panel I have the following entry:
   Cakewalk Studio Instrument Suite / BandLab Singapure / Pte Ltd / 1.73GB / 1.0.0.70

There is only one SI-Bass Guitar.dll on my system having version 1.0.0.70 (file properties).

I don't get why this dialog shows up. Studio Instruments is for free now. 
Why do I still get this 'Complete Registration' dialog.

This is so annoying  - I would really appreciate any hint how to get rid of it.

cheers
wulfg

As  a workaround, you can set CbB to always start as administrator:  Right-click on the CbB program shortcut.  Left-click on Properties - Compatibility tab.  Check the "Run This Program as Administrator" box, then OK out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Bandlab,

Any idea what I need to "get rid" of to run the studio instruments without that license check? 
There is no license check in CbB anymore - why do I still have it? Tried everything ... (see 1st entry at the top). 

thx!

wulfg