Supplication for the the piano Roll

Emmanuel Cervetti

Hello, 

I am a piano, and quartet classical composer. I love Cakewalk for a decade.

My VST and FX are stable for years, and all my creativity on Cakewalk operates on the Piano Roll view.

I know this view is quite Legacy but I desperately need two keyboard shortcuts, that would save me so much time of work on my mockups... 

-One shortcut to Increment or decrement per-selected-notes-velocity ( without to have to zoom and meticulously verticaly grab and drag  up and down... very annoying and the main time loss in my worklow)

-One to switch between internal channels (notes/pedal soft/pedal sustain/cc vibrato, etc... ) without having to mouse the menu everytime...

It's hard to focus on the music when you much to focus on several steps when just changing a intention for a individual note. If I could have this two shortcuts I woud be so more productive...

If I miss an existing feature feel free to correct me :)

Thanks for you feedback anyway

Edited by Emmanuel Cervetti

On 10/11/2020 at 12:24 PM, Emmanuel Cervetti said:

One shortcut to Increment or decrement per-selected-notes-velocity ( without to have to zoom and meticulously verticaly grab and drag  up and down... very annoying and the main time loss in my worklow)

Keyboard Shortcut: 

TAB: Go to the next note event in the current track.

SHIFT+TAB: This will allow you to go back to the previous note event in the current track.

Ctrl+Num 8 and Num2 will transpose the selected Note/Chords. 

Num8;2;4 and 6 alone will increment and decrement a note. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

On 10/11/2020 at 8:54 PM, Emmanuel Cervetti said:

-One shortcut to Increment or decrement per-selected-notes-velocity ( without to have to zoom and meticulously verticaly grab and drag  up and down... very annoying and the main time loss in my worklow)

This can be done by writing two CAL scripts.  One to increase velocity and another to decrease velocity.

Then you can assign these CAL scripts to keybindings

The Cal Script to Increase

(do
    (forEachEvent
        (do
            (if (&& (== Event.Kind NOTE) (< Note.Vel 127))
                (++ Note.Vel)
            )
        )
    )
)

The Cal Script to decrease

(do
    (forEachEvent
        (do
            (if (&& (== Event.Kind NOTE) (> Note.Vel 0))
                (-- Note.Vel)
            )
        )
    )
)