MIDI Transpose not remembered in a Project SOLVED

Billy86

I have a song project. I'm using Kontakt. I have to adjust the MIDI notes to -2 in Preferences to match up with Kontakt's MIDI notes. Works great. But when I close out and re-open, the MIDI setting is Preferences is back to 0. How do I make this stick so I don't have to re-set it every time? Thanks.

Edited by Billy86

I assume you are referring to Preferences > Customization > Display > Base Octave for Pitches? The simple solution is to set your Workspace to None and everything will work as expected. If you don’t want to have None as workspace, update your Base Octave for Pitches in Preferences while your preferred workspace is selected and then chose Save Workspace from the Workspace drop-down menu. This will have the same effect.

On a side note, there seems to be a glitch in CbB so that the piano keys to the left in the PRV don’t refresh their labels immediately when the property setting Base Octave for Pitches is updated. You have to click on e.g. another tab like Console and then go back to the PRV to force the labels on the keyboard to be properly refreshed. Oh, well.