MIDI and Analog Timing Drift ??

SonicExplorer

Hi Guys,

I'm working 100% in the box but suspect some timing drift.... 

Am using MIDI tab to trigger Superior Drummer 2.0 synth and an RME Fireface for recording analog guitar/bass tracks.  DAW is using the RME clock,  The verses & choruses have been cut-n-pasted so the analog tracks aren't one long take.  And things are visually aligned to measures correctly.  Yet, as the song progresses it seems like there is an increasing amount of very tiny drift so the analog tracks no longer exactly sound aligned with the drums.  The average Joe wouldn't hear anything but I can tell something isn't quite "on" late in the song.   However, if I stop and move to a point late in the song and resume playing it seems to sound correct.  Maybe I'm imagining things, as I said, it's subtle.

Any guesses what might be going on, or any settings to review ??    I'm 100% certain I had "Snap to Measures" enabled when I cut-n-pasted sections but is it possible something still didn't paste aligned correctly and is instead off by a few ticks?  Zooming in things appear aligned properly best I can tell...

Much thanks,

Sonic

Edited by SonicExplorer
Clarifications