Fatal Error related to Control Surfaces

MisterGreen

I recently received a fatal error while adding Miroslav Philharmonik 2 to a new project (image 1). So, after the program closed, I reopened it, started a another new project, and this time, tried to add an instance of Kontakt. The instrument opened successfully. I added a library and as soon as I touched a key on my controller (Nektar LX88) I received another fatal error (image 2).

So, out of curiosity, I opened device manager to look at my USB drivers and noticed two USB controllers listed under Other Devices that had the yellow alert icons next to them (image 3). I opened each one and took screenshots of their properties (images 4 and 5). Not sure if they are related to the crash but it seemed it might be a USB driver issue.

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Image 3.png

Image 4.png

Image 5.png

From the images it looks like the LX88 driver is having problems. I have this exact same problem with my LX88+.  I have worked with Nektar on it and they had me re-install some things but nothing made it any better.  I Recently upgraded my computer and re-installed everything and have not seen the crash  yet. However, I haven't used my controller much either.

The LX88 doesn't require drivers (according to Nektar anyway). That's why I went straight to the USB since the two errors referenced two different USB devices. And reading up on the motherboard, it looks like there are 2 pair of USB ports controlled separately; one by Intel and the other by ASMedia.

Well,  not a USB driver but the control surface driver or interface binary. The DLL shown in your first image is a driver of sorts that interfaces the Nektar to Cakewalk. That is what was crashing on me and that is what your image shows as having the exception.  As for the USB ports that don't have a driver installed you could try to delete them from device manager and see if they get re-installed. Try to update your motherboard drivers etc.  Or just disable them and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

While I wait for the power adapter to arrive, I unplugged the Nektar from the USB port on the mobo and connected it to the port on the front of the case to see if it would give the same error. So far, it's working. I checked the ASUS site for driver updates and it looks like I have the latest.

I'll try your suggestion, Reginald, regarding deleting the devices. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Hmmm I'm having the same issue with my LX88.   Looking at the dates of these posts it seems like the problems started around the same times as well.  Makes me this the root cause might have been a Windows update.   I'm considering removing the USB driver all together and using the MIDI DIN out instead.

BTW When I first got my LX88 it worked fine....