Feature request: audio clip pitch envelope

Javi Grex

As gain and pan envelopes, I would like to change the pitch via envelope (no changing the whole pitch for the entire clip). With this we'll be able to make "a kind" of tape stop effect (for example).

I think there is no other way to do it, right?

This might be difficult to implement in a way where the quality is satisfactory to you. I like the idea though.

What I do today to do this kind of thing is to use Cableguys Shaperbox 2, specifically TimeShaper2. It's some of the coolest sound design tools I've picked up for certain things. Pretty powerful. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 3:02 PM, Javi Grex said:

As gain and pan envelopes, I would like to change the pitch via envelope (no changing the whole pitch for the entire clip). With this we'll be able to make "a kind" of tape stop effect (for example).

I think there is no other way to do it, right?

On 10/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, Josh Wolfer said:

This might be difficult to implement in a way where the quality is satisfactory to you. I like the idea though.

What I do today to do this kind of thing is to use Cableguys Shaperbox 2, specifically TimeShaper2. It's some of the coolest sound design tools I've picked up for certain things. Pretty powerful. 

On 10/10/2020 at 6:31 PM, Josh Wolfer said:

I think there are DJ tools that do this, like Serato, but I'm pretty sure Serato is AU only. I really wanted to get there time and pitch plugin, but it's just for protools... meh. 

3 hours ago, Thierry said:

This is a feature that is really lacking in Cakewalk.

Oh - This is easy! Been available for a few years. 

Step 1:

542434624_Screenshot(20201106-222223).thumb.jpg.8e00db23fdd6537fc5896e0c8e15767a.jpg

Step 2: 1288249510_Screenshot(20201106-222240).thumb.jpg.1e15c1951452440455685b05f18c4e4d.jpg

Step 3: Go crazy. 980745714_Screenshot(20201106-222454).thumb.jpg.e3904afe7f0a22f74a9845bcf38f5793.jpg

Note: Your Midi Keyboard need to be connected for this to work. 

Have fun! 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

2 hours ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Will_Kaydo, All you're doing is automating the volume, not pitch. 

Seriously? ARE YOU  REALLY GONNA TELL ME THAT'S HOW THAT WORKS WHEN IT'S CLEARLY PITCHBEND.

Wow!!! 

Don't know what DAW you're using - all I know is, im using cakewalk. 

On 11/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, Will_Kaydo said:

Seriously? ARE YOU  REALLY GONNA TELL ME THAT'S HOW THAT WORKS WHEN IT'S CLEARLY PITCHBEND.

Wow!!! 

Don't know what DAW you're using - all I know is, im using cakewalk. 

Okay. One, you don't need to be a dick.

Two, I made a mistake and thought that was a volume automation line and it's really the midi pitch wheel. 

Three, that's not what the OP is asking for. He's not asking to automate the midi pitch controller, he's asking to pitch bend audio clips. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Josh Wolfer said:

Okay. One, you don't need to be a dick.

Right back at you.

Don't be one first if you can't handle the counter reply. 

Secondy: It is exctly what a pitch envelops is whether build into the daw or not. 

Lastly: It is exactly what he said. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo