Audiority Releases Free Overdrive Guitar Pedal Plugin

locrian

Audiority has released Dr Drive, a freeware modern overdrive guitar pedal effect in VST, VST3, AU, and AAX plugin formats for compatible DAW applications on PC and Mac.

Dr Drive is an analog-modeled overdrive pedal plugin developed by Audiority. It is released in celebration of Audiority’s 10th anniversary. The plugin’s design and features are inspired by the Precision Drive overdrive pedal manufactured by Horizon Devices.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/dr-drive/

• Thanks 11

Ouch. Just happened to be looking for OD options, thought I'd try this. Only installed the VST3 version, but it was completely messed up. Instant whine and then completely borked sound through it.  Signal sounding like a broken connection and pegged the channel meters w/o playing a note.

Or maybe that's what "modern OD" is supposed to sound like, idk... 

On 10/11/2020 at 6:38 PM, Afrodrum said:

It is official:  Dr Drive is the best free overdrive pedal plugin. (and not beacuse it is free)

Tried it yesterday. I like it but still prefer OverDiver from Analog Obsession for my purposes (also free) 

EDIT: After next few days of playing I must say that Dr.Drive is more versatile especially in low gain settings. I'm glad I have it.

Edited by filo