IK Total Studio Spectacular is back by popular demand

Peter - IK Multimedia

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

I just got through d/l a lot of sounds with IKPM for Syntronik and ST4 that I got in the GB. There is a tab in IKPM for Sounds. I clicked it and looked around. I saw what I needed to authorize and d/l. I selected Install on all of them, walked away, came back and it was done!!

thanks Grem - that list only contains the syntronik sounds but not the ST4 sample sets such as the pianos and drums.

The ST editor also needed to be authorised with the old auth manager ?

so I think my problem is that the product manager isn't showing Sampletank 3 Max - even though I've put in the serial and it's authorised ok.  This means it doesn't show downloads for it - seems to show all the other products ok

(sigh)

51 minutes ago, simon said:

so I think my problem is that the product manager isn't showing Sampletank 3 Max - even though I've put in the serial and it's authorised ok.  This means it doesn't show downloads for it - seems to show all the other products ok

(sigh)

Praying IK-Multimedia gets your problem resolved quickly :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, simon said:

Now trying to get hold of the sampletank synths and samples.... I can't see the sample packs in Product Manager ?  Seems I can only download these from the website - except when I go there and select them all and press download ...nothing happens ?

The only thing I use IK Product Manager for is to check for updates. 

To download the actual products and sounds content, I simply use IK's website and a download manager.  With this I can download at twice the speed that IK Product Manager does.

The download manager I use is this one.

https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2020 at 12:18 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We'll make it right.  I'll find a fantastic paperweight during Prime Day and send it to you.

This is the response I received today from IKM support:

"Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Thank you for your patience.

We have contacted our team about your situation.

Please stand by.

Feel free to sign up for our Newsletters to receive updates directly in your inbox:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

Check out these promotions while they last!:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/index.php?N=promos

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions.  If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket."

IKM should have stopped with the line "Please stand by."  Offering me to sign up for a newsletter and then pushing more promotions weren't quite what I was interested in when I submitted this ticket.  And then the line "We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions" makes no sense whatsoever.  Frankly, this response answers NONE of my questions, and only opens up my thought of why I even purchased this to begin with!  Has IKM 3rd party contracted with Steinberg to take over their support responses now?  

I  got a similar reply when I opened a support ticket because the IK Product Manager was having difficulty downloading and installing the full Miro 2.

With the addition of "While we look into this, you may download your sounds from "My Products" in your User Area."

Well never mind... I narrowed the problem down to the downloads being corrupt from the server with a 'Bad archive' error. If they downloaded OK, the Product Manager could unzip them and copy them into the library correctly.

Originally it kept failing after the first file download, but I persisted by deleting the last downloaded file prior to the 'Bad archive' error, closing the product manager and restarting it. Eventually it got to 9 successful downloads (out of 17), but kept failing at #10. So I manually downloaded the remainder  and copied them into the Product Manager folder.  The IK PM was then able to unzip the rest of the files and copy them into the library.

There is something strange happening with the Product Manager downloads, as they seem to be throttled to 4.0 Mbps, while a direct download from my user area typically runs at 40-70 Mbps.

Edited by abacab

I heard back from support.....basically IK Product Manager doesn't really work properly for all products, including some of the products in IK total studio max 2.......

You have to download and install them all individually from the website, basically taken me all day - what a waste of time.  If I'd have know I think I would have skipped this 'deal'.  The IK website says "All of your software included with this bundle will be available for download in the IK Product Manager" but that's not strictly true.

Making some progress here.  I received this back this afternoon:

"Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Thank you for your patience. After some discussion and looking into this matter, we are prepared to issue you a replacement flash drive.

In the interim, software such as Lurrsen Mastering Console and Modo Bass can be downloaded via the internet as they are not as large as the Sampletank 4 or Miroslav 2 content packs."

And there were no additional links to other IKM promotions!  

So I replied with a confirmation of my physical address.  In the meantime, I will continue having some fun with MODO Bass that was small enough to download.  

If they dont want the old USB stick back, I think I will open it, put in some lead sinkers and have fun with that as a real paper weight!  

• Haha 4

I bought this and despite having previous licenses of some products this gave me another license of Mrioslav, ST 3 libraries  and was able to download them again. The exception was I could not download the ST4 SE libraries in my account.   Hopefully that is a flaw because after buying this I shouldn't have to pay to ST4 SE libraries download libraries again.    

Just looked at downloading the ST4 SE sounds that I missed when I bought Total Studio 2 Max - appears the downloads have expired even though I have never downloaded them previously! Now I can understand (just) IK's position re charging to re download sounds that you have previously downloaded but surely it is a bit unfair to charge for sounds that have been missed and not downloaded previously? Any thoughts on this Peter? I know it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things but it's the principle!

1 hour ago, JoeGBradford said:

Just looked at downloading the ST4 SE sounds that I missed when I bought Total Studio 2 Max - appears the downloads have expired even though I have never downloaded them previously! Now I can understand (just) IK's position re charging to re download sounds that you have previously downloaded but surely it is a bit unfair to charge for sounds that have been missed and not downloaded previously? Any thoughts on this Peter? I know it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things but it's the principle!

I ran into that with ST4 MAX for a few instrument packs that I missed way back when I first installed that. I used JamPoints to get a 30% discount on the download reactivation. Cost me $6.99.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1