IK Total Studio Spectacular is back by popular demand

Peter - IK Multimedia

7 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Just looked at downloading the ST4 SE sounds that I missed when I bought Total Studio 2 Max - appears the downloads have expired even though I have never downloaded them previously! Now I can understand (just) IK's position re charging to re download sounds that you have previously downloaded but surely it is a bit unfair to charge for sounds that have been missed and not downloaded previously? Any thoughts on this Peter? I know it is not a lot of money in the scheme of things but it's the principle!

Honestly that's automated so when we added SampleTank 4 SE it followed the same process as other sound content.  We should have emailed folks and instructed clearly in any registration email but there are times where one may have missed or not been part of either/both of those.  You could also contact the team and explain, they can take a look at your account and situation and see what can be done too.  If you've done that, let me know the ticket number.   If you have not, please PM your IK username and I or Ryan will take a look.  Thanks!

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2020 at 5:02 PM, balinas said:

Making some progress here.  I received this back this afternoon:

"Thanks for your patience while we got back to you.

Thank you for your patience. After some discussion and looking into this matter, we are prepared to issue you a replacement flash drive.

In the interim, software such as Lurrsen Mastering Console and Modo Bass can be downloaded via the internet as they are not as large as the Sampletank 4 or Miroslav 2 content packs."

And there were no additional links to other IKM promotions!  

So I replied with a confirmation of my physical address.  In the meantime, I will continue having some fun with MODO Bass that was small enough to download.  

If they dont want the old USB stick back, I think I will open it, put in some lead sinkers and have fun with that as a real paper weight!  

As an update, I did receive another IKM Total Studio 2 Max USB stick.  This one works as I would expect.  And I see that I am the maker of my own challenges, right down to faulty USB sticks!  One thing I do wish these USB copies would do, is be upfront and clear as to which version/update is on the stick.  The way it is all packaged, it is hard to tell until it is actually installed.  

And I saw that it all works, and I declared it good!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Honestly that's automated so when we added SampleTank 4 SE it followed the same process as other sound content.  We should have emailed folks and instructed clearly in any registration email but there are times where one may have missed or not been part of either/both of those.  You could also contact the team and explain, they can take a look at your account and situation and see what can be done too.  If you've done that, let me know the ticket number.   If you have not, please PM your IK username and I or Ryan will take a look.  Thanks!

Many thanks Peter - much appreciated. I've not contacted support so I'll PM you 🙂

I want to pull the plug on this, but I think I'd rather wait for a Komplete Sale and get that (maybe Black Friday?).  The download and installation process is just too oppressive.  Tons of attended downloads, and almost all attended installations.  Native Instruments does this better.  I don't have the time for this, esp. when I need to install on two computers.  I'm also not a fan of their expiring download allotment.

I also heard that it installs a bunch of trial/demo ware plugins and you never know which they are until you try to use them.  Is this still the case?

25 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I assume that if you have ST4 MAX you would have all the sounds that are in SE. I could be wrong of course but that would seem logical

You are correct. Each level builds on the previous one. MAX gets it all!

ST4 Comparison.PNG

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I assume that if you have ST4 MAX you would have all the sounds that are in SE. I could be wrong of course but that would seem logical

I would agree with this. As this is my assumption too.

@abacab Thanks for that info. I did see the SE with "25gb of All New ST4 Samples!" lead me to believe that they were "Totally New" as in not part of the original ST sounds. So as I understand it, I am correct in that assessment. I just didn't realize that ST4 MAX has it all!!

I mean it is the MAX! (except the new sounds that they came out with after ST4 Max came out. No... it's not confusing. No, not at all)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

I would agree with this. As this is my assumption too.

@abacab Thanks for that info. I did see the SE with "25gb of All New ST4 Samples!" lead me to believe that they were "Totally New" as in not part of the original ST sounds. So as I understand it, I am correct in that assessment. I just didn't realize that ST4 MAX has it all!!

I mean it is the MAX! (except the new sounds that they came out with after ST4 Max came out. No... it's not confusing. No, not at all)

The various ST4 versions were all released together. The "All New" samples  meant the original ST4 samples  at release. The lower you went in the tiers, the less of them that you got, with MAX receiving all.

There have been some new samples for MAX that IK gave away since release. I believe that they were free extras such as Cuban Trumpets and Pedal Steel Guitars.

New SampleTank 4 instrument expansions like  Clavitubes and Alternate Keys were never included in any ST4 version, as far as I know. But all of the ST3 instrument expansions are included, like Alan Parsons Imperial Grand, Brandenburg Piano, ArtDeco Piano, The Drums series, Cinematic Percussion, Orchestral Percussion, etc.

Okay, I went ahead and bought it.  Installation is oppressive, but not as oppressive as it seems.  It's the downloading that is absolutely horrible.

After an hour of running each individual installer, I realized that if you install everything and put in the same root folder, the installers are all the same (just named differently) and will install everything in one go.  I noticed this when I realized the file sizes were all the same.  They all do the same exact thing, install everything in the Sound folder, but they seem to have their own installer for people who buy modularly...

I ran about 25 of them before I realized this (before the last one for SampleTank 3 MAX).  Ugh.  My poor SSDs...

The same thing works for Miroslav (with the exception of Orchestral Percussion) and Syntronic.  Extract all zip files to a common Root Directory - i.e. E:\IK Multimedia\Philharmonik    2 - and then run the Content Installer.  It will install everything in one go.  Do not install piece by piece.  You will waste about 3 hours of your time.

The same thing works for Syntronik and SampleTank 4 - but you have to run Orchestral Percussion and SampleTank 3 SE (bundled with SampleTank 4 - but I think it's redundant and recopies content you already own with this bundle) on otheir own.

TL;DR:

Create a Directory to hold all of your Installation Files:  i.e. E:\IK Multimedia

Extract ALL Miroslav ZIP files to E:\IK Multimedia\Philharmonik 2

- Run Miroslav Content Installer

Extract ALL Syntronik    ZIP files to:  E:\IK Multimedia\Syntronik

- Run Syntronik Content Installer

Extract ALL SampleTank 3 ZIP Files to  E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

- Run SampleTank 3 Content Installer

- Run Orchestral Percussion Content Installer

Extract ALL SampleTank 4 Zip Files to  E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

- Run SampleTank  4 Content Installer

- Run SampleTank 3 SE Content Installer

You're Done.

I installed the programs through the Program Manager application.  I downloaded the ZIP files manually so that I can extract them to my location of choosing.  The Program Manager automatically deletes the extracted data (but keeps the archives).  No point doing the same work twice.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

There have been some new samples for MAX that IK gave away since release. I believe that they were free extras such as Cuban Trumpets and Pedal Steel Guitars.

New SampleTank 4 instrument expansions like  Clavitubes and Alternate Keys were never included in any ST4 version, as far as I know. But all of the ST3 instrument expansions are included, like Alan Parsons Imperial Grand, Brandenburg Piano, ArtDeco Piano, The Drums series, Cinematic Percussion, Orchestral Percussion, etc.

This is where I get confused. Since I have ST3 and all of those expansions for them, I assumed (wrongly!) that the new ST4 expansions would be included (eventually?) with ST Max. But it's hard to keep up with when ST4 was released and the expansions packs that go with it, but are not included in ST4 MAX.

52 minutes ago, Grem said:

This is where I get confused. Since I have ST3 and all of those expansions for them, I assumed (wrongly!) that the new ST4 expansions would be included (eventually?) with ST Max. But it's hard to keep up with when ST4 was released and the expansions packs that go with it, but are not included in ST4 MAX.

The best way to find out is to look in the left hand column of ST4 at the library list.

• If there is no icon overlay on the library name, you already have the library installed.
  • If there is a download icon overlay, then you have it it your products, but still need to download and install it.
  • If there is a shopping cart icon overlay, then you still need to buy that particular library.

As far as I know, and from what Peter has stated, is that you will never get any new expansions added to any MAX product after the release. It has apparently been that way forever. So new ST4 expansions are not included in MAX. I have seen complaints about this regarding Total Studio MAX.

Edited by abacab

13 hours ago, Maestro said:

Okay, I went ahead and bought it.  Installation is oppressive, but not as oppressive as it seems.  It's the downloading that is absolutely horrible.

After an hour of running each individual installer, I realized that if you install everything and put in the same root folder, the installers are all the same (just named differently) and will install everything in one go.  I noticed this when I realized the file sizes were all the same.  They all do the same exact thing, install everything in the Sound folder, but they seem to have their own installer for people who buy modularly...

I ran about 25 of them before I realized this (before the last one for SampleTank 3 MAX).  Ugh.  My poor SSDs...

The same thing works for Miroslav (with the exception of Orchestral Percussion) and Syntronic.  Extract all zip files to a common Root Directory - i.e. E:\IK Multimedia\Philharmonik    2 - and then run the Content Installer.  It will install everything in one go.  Do not install piece by piece.  You will waste about 3 hours of your time.

The same thing works for Syntronik and SampleTank 4 - but you have to run Orchestral Percussion and SampleTank 3 SE (bundled with SampleTank 4 - but I think it's redundant and recopies content you already own with this bundle) on otheir own.

TL;DR:

Create a Directory to hold all of your Installation Files:  i.e. E:\IK Multimedia

Extract ALL Miroslav ZIP files to E:\IK Multimedia\Philharmonik 2

- Run Miroslav Content Installer

Extract ALL Syntronik    ZIP files to:  E:\IK Multimedia\Syntronik

- Run Syntronik Content Installer

Extract ALL SampleTank 3 ZIP Files to  E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

- Run SampleTank 3 Content Installer

- Run Orchestral Percussion Content Installer

Extract ALL SampleTank 4 Zip Files to  E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

- Run SampleTank  4 Content Installer

- Run SampleTank 3 SE Content Installer

You're Done.

I installed the programs through the Program Manager application.  I downloaded the ZIP files manually so that I can extract them to my location of choosing.  The Program Manager automatically deletes the extracted data (but keeps the archives).  No point doing the same work twice.

Why not just install the IK Software Manager which was released a few months ago?  Then it's just clicking a button to install everything.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, abacab said:

you will never get any new expansions added to any MAX product after the release. It has apparently been that way forever. So new ST4 expansions are not included in MAX. I have seen complaints about this regarding Total Studio MAX.

When I got Total Studio 2 (or was it 3?) I got ST3 MAX with it. And a lot of stuff came with that.  Not long after ST4 came out and I just never have kept up with what was released after. So when I tried to dig in and see what I should have, don't have, it got confusing for me and even looking at that long ***** ST Instrument sheet, didn't help me at all!! : )

But now I am stocked up and ready to go. Just missing some Syntronik sounds. (Why is there no Syntronik MAX?)