The Epic Dance Music Thread

Kevin Walsh

Are you a dance song lover? Do you believe that the music of Junior Walker and the All Stars and Archie Bell and the Drells and Booker T and the MG's represent the pinnacle of human sonic achievement? Do you find yourself doing the Electric Slide while you brush your teeth? Do you have a KC and the Sunshine Band lunchbox?

Yeah? Then this is the thread for you!

If you've recorded a dance song, whether intentionally or not, post it here! Let us hear your inner groove!

Just to show you that quality is not a negative differentiator for the purposes of this thread, I'm posting two of mine, both recorded with more enthusiasm than talent or skill. Both were written to be dance songs, both have sonic issues (and boy, do they!) but I like the the way they are.

I've shown mine, now its your turn!

Edited by Kevin Walsh

Not sure I would call them dance tunes, though you could dance to them Kevin.  I had the misfortune to do some DJ work back in the days of KC and the Sunshine Band and the other bands you mentioned.  Vocal on One, Two, Three, Four sounds a little strange here like you recorded it somewhere else. 

Yes these are two of the first songs I ever recorded, vocals were done with a cheap web cam mic and then processed like crazy to not sound like they were recorded on  a cheap web cam mic. It was kind of you not to mention the hideous snare though.

I intended them to be dance tunes, whether they turned out to be dance tunes is another matter.  :)

Edited by Kevin Walsh

3 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Sounds like a dance tune to me, Daryl, and a pretty good one too. You're one of those guys that just shakes his head and melodic hooks fall out of your hair all over the floor. I like it!

Nah - just dandruff mate :)

cheers

• Like 1