Bug Report - Track Folders

CHCollins

I have a project with 66 tracks, arranged into 13 track folders.  As I was moving the last few tracks into Folder #13, and then clicking "Save", Cakewalk responded with "General Error" and I could not save the project from that point onward.  So I went back to a previous version and tried again to move the un-foldered tracks into Folder #13, but this time, one at a time,  and then saving after each move.  I could move about 3 or 4 tracks this way until I hit "General Error" and had to close the project and re-open.  After a few closes/re-opens, I was able to move Track 66 into Folder #13 and hit Save and it successfully saved.   Folder #13 has 9 tracks.  The most tracks that any of my folders contains is 14.

If I am hitting some kind of Cakewalk track/folder limit, I shouldn't be able to bypass the limit by closing and re-opening the project.  Something's amiss here.

I do projects on this size range all the time.  I have seen one time that this happened to me about a year ago.  I ended up creating a clean project and copying them a few at a time to the new project.  Never seen this since then.  I don't think it is a limit thing, I think it is possible a glitched/damaged file.  Not sure other than you should have named the folder #14 not #13 LOL!!!

If you send project file to Cakewalk they can usually find problems pretty quickly. I have also experienced some issues with tracks in folders, particularly for projects created with older versions of Cakewalk. I'm trying to build a project that consistently reproduces the issues I'm seeing for the bakers to play with.