Loot Audio Has Taken Over Kontakt Hub.

Reid Rosefelt

On 10/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, Glyn said:

Hi,

I just created an account so I could drop a quick update here for you. My name is Glyn and I'm the guy responsible for Loot Audio. Therefore it was my decision to merge Kontakt Hub and Sampleism together to build this new site.

I decided to do that for many reasons but the main reason was for convenience. I wanted to have just one site where everything was available and categorised neatly - It's easier for our customers to have one login and it's easier for me to manage one site.

It's been a much harder task than I first imagined it to be and only time will tell if I made the right decision. I realise taking down two successful sites was a risky move but I hope it will work out well in the long term.

As 'TracingArcs' mentioned above, all accounts have been migrated over along with all previous purchases and orders. I think we did a pretty good job of merging the data from two sites together. You should be able to login with existing passwords but if you have a problem you can get me directly at info@lootaudio.com

To answer the question from 'mibby' - I always wanted to have a period of perhaps 2 to 4 weeks where the previous sites would be online at the same time (a transition period) but it became apparent that orders would become lost if we did that. As we need to transfer data from one database to another - If someone purchased something on Kontakt Hub we would risk losing it, as it would not appear on Loot. I really didn't want to risk that so I decided to take them down and direct traffic to the new site. Again, this was a risky thing to do and you can blame me for making that choice :)

We notified all of our users that are signed up to our mailing list about the changes a week or two ago. However as a lot of our users are not signed up to the newsletter we haven't notified them yet. In order to notify all our users via email we have had to build a new function that will find all of our customers and send an email to them. Our mailing list is handled by Mailchimp and does not contain all of our users but only those that have opted in to receive newsletters. This new function has taken longer than expected to build but it should be ready soon. When it is ready we will be sending out the news.

Obviously building a new site is full of hurdles, pitfalls and technical issues and I must admit it has been an arduous task especially during these crazy quarantine periods. Hence we are in Beta mode, as I still have a long list of things I want to improve and features I want to add. No doubt you will find some things that could have been done better when you explore the site. However, I am personally aware of most things and am trying my best to address them as quickly as possible. The site is fully functional and I hope to be able to come out of Beta in around a month but feel free to visit and explore (and purchase) in the meantime.

Best regards,

It would be nice if the items fit into the layout instead of having everything veer off to the right and not listing every item that fits into the strip category. Some of the elements that were on the KontaktHub's item page are no longer functional, like an embedable Soundcloud playlist. I noticed because I had a demo track for Hideaway Studio's Zero-1 Synth featured on its page as a part of the song demos playlist and as an embedded Soundcloud track that Dani manually put there, and they're both gone, as is the option to contribute demo tracks for Kredits. The playlist and demo song preview feature is still dysfunctional.

I think the site could have used a bit more time to bake in the oven before being served, because it's a little bit raw right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 9:12 AM, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

It would be nice if the items fit into the layout instead of having everything veer off to the right and not listing every item that fits into the strip category. Some of the elements that were on the KontaktHub's item page are no longer functional, like an embedable Soundcloud playlist. I noticed because I had a demo track for Hideaway Studio's Zero-1 Synth featured on its page as a part of the song demos playlist and as an embedded Soundcloud track that Dani manually put there, and they're both gone, as is the option to contribute demo tracks for Kredits. The playlist and demo song preview feature is still dysfunctional.

I think the site could have used a bit more time to bake in the oven before being served, because it's a little bit raw right now.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We've been working on all of the things you mentioned. Firstly we now have direct links to pages which display Latest Releases adn Current Deals in a quicker and easier to browse way:

For example:

>> Kontakt Deals
>> Sample Pack Deals
>> Plugin Deals
>> Bundle Deals
>> Kontakt New Releases

etc etc - You can access these pages quickly using the menus at the top of the page.

As for previous Soundcloud embeds. We have our own onsite audio player now so there's no need for them but, yes you are right, it is raw at the moment. We have made a lot of improvements to it which will be rolled out next week. Existing demos will move into the playlists :)

I hope this helps in some way. Feel free to email me with any other questions - info@lootaudio.com

Thanks

• Like 2