Loot Audio Has Taken Over Kontakt Hub.

Reid Rosefelt

I believe it's the same guy who ran Kontakt Hub. As I used to get emails from Loot with monthly deals through KH  with comments from him.  Could be a reboot as the old site was looking tired. And there have been no deals for a couple of weeks. I hope they inform their KH customers and transfer data.

10 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The URL redirects and they have all my purchases in my account there. 

Anybody know any more about this?

Apologies if somebody has already written about this.

They are merging all their different sites under one roof. At least Kontakt Hub and Sampleism are there (there were others as well, but for the life of me can't remember them). Everything is legit so no worries. :)

39 minutes ago, Grem said:

That's how to transfer a website.

That AND a note to their customers would be nice, especially these days.  Come on website guys, it's not so hard. (No skin in this game, just complaining.  🙂 )

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

The problem is that searching moves MUCH slower than Kontakt Hub for me.  Anybody else experiencing this?

Seems okay here Reid. I tried a few searches and also using the browser which was fine.

I wonder where they are hosted as I am in the UK. Also I notice it says that it is a beta website which might affect performance. 

The non-notification that this is happening is a bit troubling. I'm not sure about this move to Loot Audio. It seems to me like their idea of a humble bundle style plugin system was failing big time so they are trying to move the traffic there in hopes that people see it more. 

7 hours ago, mibby said:

That AND a note to their customers would be nice, especially these days.  Come on website guys, it's not so hard. (No skin in this game, just complaining.  🙂 )

Do note they are still in beta mode and will probably notify users once they get out of beta. I did get a message (I'm there as a developer) and I'd assume they will email everyone later on.

27 minutes ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

Do note they are still in beta mode and will probably notify users once they get out of beta.

But why did they redirect users (without notification) if they're in "beta"?  I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but that seems like a really easy thing to "not break"...

Edited by mibby

Maybe the plan was to eventually migrate to Loot Audio and some work had already been put in to doing so, the Kontakt Hub SSL certificate was going to imminently expire, and it made more financial sense for them to just cut over now rather than to buy another certificate? Just random guessing...

4 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

I was able to log in with my KH details. And all my data was there. But could not find a log out.

I logged in and found that if I click on the menu tab (top far right) that there was a drop down menu.  At the bottom of the drop down list there is a "sign out" option.  I don't know if it is working properly.   It did not seem to log me out, but when I exited and went back I was logged out.

• Thanks 1

On Kontakt Hub there was a dropdown menu at the top that allowed you to search by developer or instrument.  And it worked well.  A lot of sites have the same thing but don't work as well.  For example, in the APD store it is very fiddly to get it to let you select a developer.

Sometimes you don't remember the name, like "Abstrung."   Or you don't even know "Audiofier," but you can pick it out of a list.

I hope that this feature comes back.  It's in this sense that I think Loot Audio is harder to search.  Is it in there somewhere and I just missed it?

I also find it less intuitive and harder to just browse around without knowing what you're looking for, but I guess I'll get used to it.    Browsing around aimlessly is  how I put together my "Tiger the Frog" holiday post on VI:Control and I think it's going to be much harder this year.  But I'll deal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just created an account so I could drop a quick update here for you. My name is Glyn and I'm the guy responsible for Loot Audio. Therefore it was my decision to merge Kontakt Hub and Sampleism together to build this new site.

I decided to do that for many reasons but the main reason was for convenience. I wanted to have just one site where everything was available and categorised neatly - It's easier for our customers to have one login and it's easier for me to manage one site.

It's been a much harder task than I first imagined it to be and only time will tell if I made the right decision. I realise taking down two successful sites was a risky move but I hope it will work out well in the long term.

As 'TracingArcs' mentioned above, all accounts have been migrated over along with all previous purchases and orders. I think we did a pretty good job of merging the data from two sites together. You should be able to login with existing passwords but if you have a problem you can get me directly at info@lootaudio.com

To answer the question from 'mibby' - I always wanted to have a period of perhaps 2 to 4 weeks where the previous sites would be online at the same time (a transition period) but it became apparent that orders would become lost if we did that. As we need to transfer data from one database to another - If someone purchased something on Kontakt Hub we would risk losing it, as it would not appear on Loot. I really didn't want to risk that so I decided to take them down and direct traffic to the new site. Again, this was a risky thing to do and you can blame me for making that choice :)

We notified all of our users that are signed up to our mailing list about the changes a week or two ago. However as a lot of our users are not signed up to the newsletter we haven't notified them yet. In order to notify all our users via email we have had to build a new function that will find all of our customers and send an email to them. Our mailing list is handled by Mailchimp and does not contain all of our users but only those that have opted in to receive newsletters. This new function has taken longer than expected to build but it should be ready soon. When it is ready we will be sending out the news.

Obviously building a new site is full of hurdles, pitfalls and technical issues and I must admit it has been an arduous task especially during these crazy quarantine periods. Hence we are in Beta mode, as I still have a long list of things I want to improve and features I want to add. No doubt you will find some things that could have been done better when you explore the site. However, I am personally aware of most things and am trying my best to address them as quickly as possible. The site is fully functional and I hope to be able to come out of Beta in around a month but feel free to visit and explore (and purchase) in the meantime.

Best regards,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3