Amazon Prime Day is October 13th and 14th

Reid Rosefelt

The only thing I want is an updated Fire TV Stick 4K. I get occasional audio dropouts, and after a bit of time, audio loses sync with video and I have to restart the stick. Pain in the butt, but the audio dropouts are a real nuisance. Happens with YouTube TV, Netflix, Prime Video and Disney+ on both my Sony 4K and Samsung HD sets, so the problem is definitely the stick.

And they're not releasing an updated 4K stick at this time, so I'll wait for BF.

Edited by John Maar

33 minutes ago, Grem said:

I finally got a Firestick. That and Prime work together well. Also has You Tube app that I am beginning to watch a lot of.

The Fire TV Recast works well with the Firestick for local channels and dvr. I've been a cable cutter for years and this is the best all in one solution so far.

Rocky

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Haven't tried that yet. Will look into it. I am wanting to cut cabel too. No matter how I try and trim the cost of cable, it just keeps going up and up!!! 

If want a simpler box try Channel Master Stream+  You have to add your own HD for recording but it has worked fine for OTA local broadcast. It has 2 tuners. Try and get in on sale as I did at $99 not the usual $149.   Have a 2TB hard-drive attached and so far so good. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

You really can't cut cable if it provides internet.

In a way I guess that is true. Comcast will still get your $$ one way or another.  Or whatever internet provider you have in your region.  Nice that Comcast is now selling internet alone without a premium for not bundling with TV. 

We are on ATT U-Verse which is not as fast but has been extremely reliable for us so far ( knocks on wood :D  )    But I can attest though with 14 kids within several houses of mine internet has slowed down with everyone on it for remote learning. 

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

In a way I guess that is true. Comcast will still get your $$ one way or another.  Or whatever internet provider you have in your region.  Nice that Comcast is now selling internet alone without a premium for not bundling with TV. 

We are on ATT U-Verse which is not as fast but has been extremely reliable for us so far ( knocks on wood :D  )    But I can attest though with 14 kids within several houses of mine internet has slowed down with everyone on it for remote learning. 

I use to live where Comcast was the provider. I use to call them Concast.  I guess ATT is going fiber optic in the future.   The sad thing is ATT sucks when I had their DSL.  They did get caught on throttling back. 

14 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

You really can't cut cable if it provides internet.

I know, but taking off cable would lower my bill substantially.

The few shows that I do watch on HBO, I could buy and come out cheaper. Westrworld is a show I really like. But it's gonna be 2022 before the next season airs!! I thought somebody was pulling my leg. But nope. So essentially I am paying for HBO for twos years before I see the show I want!! Makes no sense!!

Definitely looking for alternatives. Since I got Prime already... 

On 10/9/2020 at 11:13 AM, kitekrazy said:

Anything computer related I always go with Newegg.  Amazon is pretty bad at getting deliveries right for me.

I'm sitting upon a Newegg rant, depending on how I'm treated in the next couple of days.  Whoever hatched their return policies might be looking at me going Full Karen.

Edited by emeraldsoul

7 hours ago, TheSteven said:

But you can drop all off the other bundled services except Internet access - cutting down to Cable Internet, NetFlix & Prime I saved $150 a month if not more.

This is what I am thinking about too!! 

On 10/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, kitekrazy said:

I use to live where Comcast was the provider. I use to call them Concast.  I guess ATT is going fiber optic in the future.   The sad thing is ATT sucks when I had their DSL.  They did get caught on throttling back. 

I have AT&T gigabit fiber here and it is really great.  I'd still rather have FiOS but it wasn't available where I am now.  I just like the account management and other non-connection-related stuff from Verizon a little bit more.  AT&T's login/t management tools are a bit behind.  But the internet service is reliable and fast with fiber.

I do have AT&T TV because the package was super cheap and it is interesting as it isn't literally "cable" so they're basically offering the cable channel lineup as a streaming service.  Seems a bit "one foot in, one foot out" effort but I'm OK with it because I don't need to use the existing coax ports in the house so I can pull ethernet to replace those cable runs very easily (tie one to the other, pull the old out while the new gets pulled up through the walls basically).

33 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I have AT&T gigabit fiber here and it is really great.  I'd still rather have FiOS but it wasn't available where I am now.  I just like the account management and other non-connection-related stuff from Verizon a little bit more.  AT&T's login/t management tools are a bit behind.  But the internet service is reliable and fast with fiber.

I do have AT&T TV because the package was super cheap and it is interesting as it isn't literally "cable" so they're basically offering the cable channel lineup as a streaming service.  Seems a bit "one foot in, one foot out" effort but I'm OK with it because I don't need to use the existing coax ports in the house so I can pull ethernet to replace those cable runs very easily (tie one to the other, pull the old out while the new gets pulled up through the walls basically).

Same here with the AT&T gigabit fiber and using that  with the Firestick. Cut cable many, many years ago and saved quite a bit. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, InstrEd said:

We were suppose to of went to New Jersey this summer and then go to NYC.  My  wife's cousin was going to take us around. I had BH on my list to visit with a couple of piano stores. Covid took that trip out of the picture :(

I have bought some camera gear at B&H over the years. Their customer service and fast shipping is top notch. I had once placed an order before a major power blackout shut down Manhattan, and somehow they got my order out!

• Like 1