Jump to content
Reid Rosefelt

Amazon Prime Day is October 13th and 14th

Recommended Posts

Just a heads-up.  That's next Tuesday and Wednesday.

I'm just letting everybody know in case they are shopping for a controller,  SSDs, RAM, a Streamdeck, or whatever.   There may be deals.

Of course there may be better deals on BF and Cyber Monday. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Reid. I was waiting till the sale season started before going for some things I been eying 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grem said:

Thanks Reid. I was waiting till the sale season started before going for some things I been eying 

OIP.-UB30K79fO8ke9j-_utMqAHaEi?pid=Api&r

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will probably keep an eye out for an SSD.  But really, I'm mostly good.  Though maybe an air purifier because the dust has been so bad this year with all the fires.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered why everybody put their sales up on Black Friday.  Or worse, in December.  People only have so much money and you're competing with everybody.   Aren't we all broke before Sonokinetic's "12 Days of Christmas" and the Spitfire Christmas Wish List?

Since I've gotten into this mass spendage in 2016, I've seen more and more companies do sales all the time.  That has been a trend.  Also there's a bunch that go for October.  UVI with the annual Falcon deal.  Output always has a sale around now. 

Anyway, if you can believe Amazon's hype, they are going to put their best deals for this sale.  I'm looking at SSD, RAM, Stream Deck, etc.  I know what I want and what the normal prices are, so let's see what they come up with. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My experience with prime day is that there is a lot of junk.  Also, anything that might be worthwhile I usually miss because it requires waiting until deal comes alive and buying it before you get put on a waiting list if you even blink.  It’s rather frustrating :)

I’ll give it another chance but Black Friday/cyber Monday seem to work out better for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevin H said:

My experience with prime day is that there is a lot of junk.  Also, anything that might be worthwhile I usually miss because it requires waiting until deal comes alive and buying it before you get put on a waiting list if you even blink.  It’s rather frustrating :)This

This ^

Years ago Amazon was the first place I would go to buy stuff.  Now I only use them as a (grudging) last resort.  Take that Jeff Bezos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, locrian said:

This ^

Years ago Amazon was the first place I would go to buy stuff.  Now I only use them as a (grudging) last resort.  Take that Jeff Bezos!

I try not to make them my first choice if possible.  I seem to be in the minority but I still rather purchase locally if at all possible. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything computer related I always go with Newegg.  Amazon is pretty bad at getting deliveries right for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Anything computer related I always go with Newegg.  Amazon is pretty bad at getting deliveries right for me.

B&H is good for computer components too, at least in my experience.  I might just be used to that "New York City" experience since I used to live very close and enjoyed buying things on 48th Street.  The haggle is part of the fun there.

  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Anything computer related I always go with Newegg.  Amazon is pretty bad at getting deliveries right for me.

I'm lucky I have a Microcenter in my area and I try to give them the business first for computer parts.  Got my daughter an active-pen for her 2n1 laptop last month. It was a few $ more but nice to just go and pick it up.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

B&H is good for computer components too, at least in my experience.  I might just be used to that "New York City" experience since I used to live very close and enjoyed buying things on 48th Street.  The haggle is part of the fun there.

We were suppose to of went to New Jersey this summer and then go to NYC.  My  wife's cousin was going to take us around. I had BH on my list to visit with a couple of piano stores. Covid took that trip out of the picture :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

We were suppose to of went to New Jersey this summer and then go to NYC.  My  wife's cousin was going to take us around. I had BH on my list to visit with a couple of piano stores. Covid took that trip out of the picture :(

Sorry to hear that.  My wife and I went a couple of years ago and were just reminiscing about that trip.  It was a great combination of only some really touristy things and some more organic experiences in both NY and NJ.  She had only been there once before and decades ago so we really needed to see at least some of the major sights.  I'm now in the southern US so I really miss the pizza and bagels.  There's some that are decent down here but it is just next level in NY/NJ.

Sorry to derail, though, I also wish I had a Microcenter as I would give them a lot of business.  And on topic, I understand some of the sentiments about Amazon but I still keep my Prime membership and IK does sell there, which is also a fun experience to say the least.  Can't really get into a lot of that, it's not bad per se but it can be challenging and if you think their customer-facing presence is "ever evolving", the back end stuff is similar but a little crazier.  B&H is also a dealer for us so I don't feel bad at all giving them regular business since I don't have any good local PC parts sources.

That said, I did buy my upgraded AIO cooling system on Amazon a few months back and that showed up quickly and was all good.  Good unit, too, a CoolerMaster which is a "budget" choice but the performance isn't really feeling very budget.  Was showing way too high temps and probably could have tweaked things like reseating the original unit with new thermal paste etc but it was also time to upgrade from 120mm to 240mm and change the airflow pattern anyway.

Sorry for the wall o' text with about one part that was actually on topic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad part is my wife's cousin is actively looking to move out West if possible.   She is tired of the hustle bustle of the big metro area.  We were going to stay with her to help keep the cost down.

         Back to Amazon now :)    my wife just ordered some lids for pyrex containers we need and  yes for that type of stuff Amazon is very convenient. The kitchen store in the mall closed and we would have to drive out to the outlet mall to buy in person.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Sad part is my wife's cousin is actively looking to move out West if possible.   She is tired of the hustle bustle of the big metro area.  We were going to stay with her to help keep the cost down.

         Back to Amazon now :)    my wife just ordered some lids for pyrex containers we need and  yes for that type of stuff Amazon is very convenient. The kitchen store in the mall closed and we would have to drive out to the outlet mall to buy in person.  

I didn't make the pilgrimage to the left coast like a bunch of my schoolmates did to "make it" (and to be fair, quite a few did actually do well) because I am definitely not a huge fan of the pace and vibe being that I'm into a more northern pace.  I've been adjusting to the "speed of the south" down here since the move and that's more than enough to keep my busy, and the weather is really what makes it worth it.

I have the same experience with almost exactly that type of product, too, going back to Amazon.  I find it is a good place for some replacement kitchen accessories etc like these (can't remember the brand name) glass containers my wife picked up at the thrift store which don't have lids and the company that makes the containers no longer stocks the replacement lids.  Which sucks because through them they were free with a really tiny shipping cost.  I also do enjoy the quality of some essentials that Amazon Basics offers at good prices and that's probably the main reason I keep my Prime membership.  The streaming service is probably the last I use when watching anything, to be honest.  Not bad stuff there, but not my go to either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem for my wife's cousin is she is highly educated in special field of study and limited where she can move to for that type of employment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

the main reason I keep my Prime membership.  The streaming service is probably the last I use when watching anything, to be honest.  Not bad stuff there, but not my go to either.

I finally got a Firestick. That and Prime work together well. Also has You Tube app that I am beginning to watch a lot of.

Amazon is still one of my goto webstores. It's just nice to see when I need something, grab the phone, order it and a few days there it is. The Walmart and other local stores in my area seems to be out of certain things lately.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...